Deleted by Poster
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Deleted by Poster Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:35 pm
    ----
- bsmart
- Jens_O_Mehner
- Doug_Kibbey
I like to think I resemble Robert E. Lee..... Razz

Yes, we all have our little illusions... Wink You could try dressing like him and gauge by the public reception how close you are to the perceived truth? Mr. Green

But the Perceived truth is based on Martin Sheen who played him in Gettysburg. A very good movie but Sheen is much shorter than Lee, and used that terrible fake accent!

But wait a minute does that mean that Lee became President of the U.S?

BLASFEMY !!!

#17: Re: Deleted by Poster Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:36 pm
    ----
liked Duval better as Lee in Gods and Generals myself

Jeff Lewis

#18: Re: Deleted by Poster Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:38 pm
    ----
He [ Foote]might do well. Slightly wrong accent (West Tennessee) I think Donald Sutherland could pull it off also

Last edited by bsmart on Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

#19: Re: Deleted by Poster Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:50 pm
    ----
- bsmart
He might do well. Slightly wrong accent (West Tennessee) I think Donald Sutherland could pull it off also

See: Shelby Foote. Wink

#20: Re: Deleted by Poster Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:02 pm
    ----
- Dontos
- bsmart
- Jens_O_Mehner
- Doug_Kibbey
I like to think I resemble Robert E. Lee..... Razz

Yes, we all have our little illusions... Wink You could try dressing like him and gauge by the public reception how close you are to the perceived truth? Mr. Green

But the Perceived truth is based on Martin Sheen who played him in Gettysburg. A very good movie but Sheen is much shorter than Lee, and used that terrible fake accent!

BLASFEMY !!!

Why? you don't think Lee would stoop to being president?

#21: Re: Deleted by Poster Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:32 pm
    ----
- bsmart

Actually I was referring to Doug's perceived truth of his own looks, but I see this developed nicely. Smile

Aside from being Canadian, Donald Sutherland may be a bit too tall to play Robert E. Lee, although his height is usually given as 6'4", he's actually more like 6' 7" or 8"- but what a great actor he is...

Wouldn't Robert E. Lee technically have been president of the US (or a new CSA) if the outcome had been reversed, since he was president of the CSA at that time, IIRC? They also would have named an aircraft carrier after him instead of a steamboat. Cool

Oh, and for you 'Muricans, it's actually blasphemy... Mr. Green

#22: Re: Deleted by Poster Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:52 pm
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner
- bsmart

Actually I was referring to Doug's perceived truth of his own looks, but I see this developed nicely. Smile

Aside from being Canadian, Donald Sutherland may be a bit too tall to play Robert E. Lee, although his height is usually given as 6'4", he's actually more like 6' 7" or 8"- but what a great actor he is...

Wouldn't Robert E. Lee technically have been president of the US (or a new CSA) if the outcome had been reversed, since he was president of the CSA at that time, IIRC? They also would have named an aircraft carrier after him instead of a steamboat. Cool

Uhhh...Nope....that was Jefferson Davis. Wink

#23: Re: Deleted by Poster Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:05 pm
    ----
Dontos was speaking southern murican, it's a different dialect Laughing

Jeff Lewis

#24: Re: Deleted by Poster Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:34 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Uhhh...Nope....that was Jefferson Davis. Wink

Yeah, I know Jefferson Davis was president of the CSA, but somehow I was under the impression that he was imprisoned before Appomattox, but I just checked and saw that it was actually after- I think some alternate history novel left some traces in my brain that threw me off the track, I vaguely remember some plot along those lines.

OK, I agree then that Lee would have turned the job of US president down, somehow it wouldn't have befitted his character.

#25: Re: Deleted by Poster Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:51 pm
    ----
No Jefferson was captured after Appomatox. But in the Confederate Constitution the President was elected for a 6 year term and could not be re-elected. IF the south had been successful I think Lee may have been pushd to run for President in 1866.

But my comment was based on the Actor Martin Sheen playing President Bartlett in The West Wing on American TV.

And Suthern isn't a dialect. At times it is a complete seperate language Mr. Green

#26: Re: Deleted by Poster Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:03 pm
    ----
Robert E. Lee???? that would mean being an officer Doug...

#27: Re: Deleted by Poster Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:06 pm
    ----
- SHAWN
Robert E. Lee???? that would mean being an officer Doug...

Had it covered... Wink

- DOUG
That would be impersonating an officer....Yucch, Pooey!

#28: Re: Deleted by Poster Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:57 am
    ----
Doug knows what kind of "pack-rat" and collector I am. I have numerous maps of just about evrywhere I've been and some places I haven't. I have numerous maps of Ft Irwin and Hood in particular. Hood maps are not to hard to get with correct resources!?!?!

#29: Re: Deleted by Poster Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:50 am
    ----
well, Doug or Mark, what area, etc. does this map specifically show for Ft. Knox? What year is it from ,etc? could you share a few more details, just sorta teased and then it was taken by the General... Doug, just think, if you were of officer mat'l, you would have just gotten yourself just another table cloth... need to fine some wonderful NCO to play interperter for you. your Mickey Mouse club maps have the standard you are here printed... and my bad, i believe the boys with the boats refer to these "maps" as "charts"...

yes, I knew that Doug, thought I would reiterate that thought again. 'Cause it would be not just any officer, not just the Colonel or the Guvna, but the man himself General Robert E. Lee... esteemed by many and thought the opposite by many...
that shouldnt be all that bad; that means you can walk on water too, no?
sr

-> AFV News Discussion Board