Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon 05 Aug 07
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon 05 Aug 07 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:40 pm
    ----
This is the Armor collection of the Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon. The collection also includes about 80 aircraft including the Spruce Goose, a B-17, a Me-109 and a bunch more. I will post them later over at the Warbirds site, when I do I will put a link in here. On the day we were there some reenactors were there also.....

moved to Web Page Name

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon 05 Aug 07 Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:22 pm
    ----
Mhhh,

a Cletrac... Is it me or does the body of the WC look a bit strange from the rear edge of the running board on to the back?

And once again, WWII was exclusively fought by elite units on the German side. <sigh>

Oregon's looking better by the day, did you say "hi" to the Spruce Goose as well, seeing as you sneaked up on the wingy thingies anyways? Smile

Thanks for sharing,

Jens O.

#3: Re: Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon 05 Aug 07 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:09 pm
    ----
JENS I DID SAY HELLO TO THE GOOSE, I WILL BE POSTING TOMORROW AT WARBIRDS

#4: Re: Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon 05 Aug Author: jch_in_uk PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:38 pm
    ----

I'd be interested to see the display board, I don't think this is a genuine Kdf, it looks like a sixties 'Beetle' backdated.

JH

#5: Re: Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon 05 Aug Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:44 pm
    ----
- jch_in_uk

I'd be interested to see the display board, I don't think this is a genuine Kdf, it looks like a sixties 'Beetle' backdated.

JH

It is at least, "split window" (unless that's a bit of creative bodywork). they get high marks for putting the rubber fender trim after painting, the proper way to paint any Beetle, so they didn't take shorcuts (like you usually see).

#6: Re: Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon 05 Aug 07 Author: Burik PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:49 pm
    ----
When did they have this reencactment?

#7: Re: Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon 05 Aug 07 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:20 pm
    ----
AUGUST 2-3

#8: Re: Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon 05 Aug 07 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:24 pm
    ----
sorry but this is all I copied

#9: Re: Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon 05 Aug 07 Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:55 pm
    ----
Great pics !

Thanks for sharing !

on #7 looks like a A26 on the background of that tracktor

fled
Cool

#10: Re: Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon 05 Aug Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:00 pm
    ----
[quote="jch_in_uk"]

JH

Update: Unless I'm mistaken, '53 was the last year of the split window models...for sure they didn't persist into the '60's, but they might have "massaged" the body to get "the look". By '55 the split window was gone for sure.

#11: Re: Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon 05 Aug Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:35 pm
    ----
- jch_in_uk

JH

its almost certainly one of the replicas made by KoobleKar

www.kooblekar.com

Cool

#12: Re: Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon 05 Aug Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:47 pm
    ----
Yeah, Baby!

[img]http://www.kooblekar.com/sp_images.php?action=do_output&filename=pimpphotoshop1.jpg[/img]

#13: Re: Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon 05 Aug Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:09 pm
    ----
Jens,
Good Eye!, you are right. As the former owner of aWC51 ( and current owner of a WC62) I noticed right away that the pictured truck has a longer wheelbase. It was probably a WC64 KD ambulance or the more rare WC59 telephone repair truck or the WC60 emergency repair truck. They all had the 121 inch wheelbase as opposed to the 98 inch of the WC51/52.

Mike Haines

Last edited by recon4ww2 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

#14: Re: Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon 05 Aug 07 Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:09 pm
    ----
Mike,

it did sort of stick out- my brain is so scrambled it picks up the anomalies first and then the rest. <sigh>

I hope they didn't cut down a WC59 or 60, that would be a crime- I know they're not sexy and you can't shuttle your re-enactors around, but they were part of the TO&E and should be preserved as such.

Thanks for the rearview of the the KD, I just realised I didn't have a decent one in my files.

Jens O.

#15: Re: Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon 05 Aug 07 Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:47 pm
    ----
Jens,
I'm pretty sure it is a WC64 missing the knock down portin of the ambulanec body. The sides of the box are identical to the WC64 and I also just noticed the front shock absorber, it is the later type not the knee type.
The later type were found on the 64. I agree with you, cutting or butchering a historical vehicle would be a crime!
Please contact me off line I might have somethiong you want.

[email protected]

Mike

-> AFV News Discussion Board