Crop Edit Map Smaller for Pearl Harbor dogfight
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: Crop Edit Map Smaller for Pearl Harbor dogfight Author: CapnKillemallLocation: Dallas, TX PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:36 pm
    ----
I have been reading about map size affecting lag and performance, etc in multiplayer servers.
I want to crop the Pacific Fighters Hawaii map down to just the island of Oahu or maybe just half of the island to mazimize performance for a Pearl Harbor dogfight. Blogs, hint at the possibility of cropping the map, but I can't figure out how to do it in Full Mission Builder or any other method.. Anyone got any ideas? Help would be appreciated. It's a great map now .. it just has too much lag.

#2: Re: Crop Edit Map Smaller for Pearl Harbor dogfight Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:06 pm
    ----
Can't answer the question.
Just wanted to say, "Great name!"
Wink

#3: Re: Crop Edit Map Smaller for Pearl Harbor dogfight Author: 334th_FrenchieLocation: Alberta, Canada Eh! PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:56 am
    ----
I wish I could help ya too Capt....but the map making I'm a noob at. Someone here or in UBI forums should be able to help ya out.

#4: Re: Crop Edit Map Smaller for Pearl Harbor dogfight Author: Combat PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:33 pm
    ----
Hey Cap you may want to check out this link and ask these guys your question in their forums. Great group and they build some awesome maps. I am sure they'd be able to answer your question.

www.warbirdsofprey.org/index.php

S~ Combat

#5: Re: Crop Edit Map Smaller for Pearl Harbor dogfight Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:33 am
    ----
Hi Capn and welcome to Com Central Mr. Green

To the best of my knowledge there is no facility to 'crop' maps in IL-2 as they're built into the code of the software, unfortunately.
If you use the full mission builder you may of noticed that there's a number of 'online' maps that are sometimes used by folk that require or want less flying area (for want of a better phrase) to reduce potential lag/performance issues.
I might add that it's been quite some time since i mucked about with mission buidling and things may of changed but i don't believe there's a solution other than to look at the online maps and maybe use one that replicates what you need for Pearl...

Jel

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters