A little drive in the country....
-> Officer's Club

#1: A little drive in the country.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:29 pm
    ----
Le Mans, the way it used to be...

(1956, the year after the accident, with Mike Hawthorne at the wheel of a Jag)

www.youtube.com/watch?...ed&search=

#2: Re: A little drive in the country.... Author: A1Trigger_HappyLocation: Alabama, USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:52 pm
    ----
very sweet!

#3: Re: A little drive in the country.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:29 pm
    ----
Wow.....the thing I expected the least was the traffic! Surprised a chicken didn't run out in the road in front of him!

#4: Re: A little drive in the country.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:43 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Wow.....the thing I expected the least was the traffic! Surprised a chicken didn't run out in the road in front of him!

In 1956, the circuit length was 8.36 miles and you'll notice that in non-race conditions, with public traffic (some of it on the wrong side of the road Rolling Eyes ), he still did a lap in less than five and a half minutes, from a standing start, while chatting up the recorder.

Speaking of "the esses", here's a shot I love from nine years later...

...and my favorite, a GT6 (well, Spitfire Le Mans coupe actually) enters the esses ahead of a Cobra Daytona (probably not for long, though Mr. Green )

www.triumphspitfire.de/1965-2.html

Guess who's appears on this page... Wink

www.triumphspitfire.de...iends.html

Last edited by Doug_Kibbey on Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: A little drive in the country.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:26 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

Guess who's appears on this page... Wink

www.triumphspitfire.de...iends.html

WOW!!!!

"Friends from the USA"....Third shot over, third shot down......VERY impressive!!!!

#6: Re: A little drive in the country.... Author: A1Trigger_HappyLocation: Alabama, USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:03 pm
    ----
HMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! triumphs are nice little rides. my dad used to have one.

-> Officer's Club