Ft. Snelling Military Museum - Pics #1
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Ft. Snelling Military Museum - Pics #1 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:19 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Jens! Hi Folks!

- Jens_O_Mehner

Roy, you're holding out on us? And on an M41 to boot? Tsk tsk tsk...

Sense you ask so nicely, I went over to my photo bucket account and reviewed it. This isn't the one I was thinking of, but hopefully it will hold you M41 lovers until I can get home and track that photo down.

That vehicle was C19, 1st Platoon, C Troop, 1st Squadron, 11th ACR, very late 1970 or very early 1971. The bottom had been blown upward making the vehicle a combat lost. No major injuries with the crew. They cleaned the old C19 up, turned her in and picked up a replacement and returned to the field just in time to come back in for stand down.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

Remember, Roy...that's one of a composite of four battle-damaged tracks you captured (on film) that you can always view here as well....(near bottom of page after pics of "Boom-Boom")

www.vhpamuseum.org/11t...hcav.shtml

#17: Re: Ft. Snelling Military Museum - Pics #1 Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:57 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Jens! Hi Folks!

1. There is a data plate on the rear hull that looks like it might be one of the mod record plates that the Italian depots tack welded to vehicles they had overhauled.

2. Rain channels on the turret sides.

Close?
Sgt, Scouts Out!

Excellent, you go to the head of the class... Smile Wink

#18: Re: Ft. Snelling Military Museum - Pics #1 Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:27 pm
    ----
Here's a pic of the M15A1/M123 combo:

#19: Re: Ft. Snelling Military Museum - Pics #1 Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:34 pm
    ----

That is one strong torsion bar!

-> AFV News Discussion Board