-> CFS1

#1: Newbie Author: PiobBearLocation: Margaritaville PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:16 am
    ----
Just joined; and just re-installed CFS after a long hiatus. Got a bunch of new missions, some nice airfields, and one of Alain D'Homme's Spitfires. Now that we have broadband I'd like to try multiplayer sometime, at least once I re-learn how to fly; apparently it's not at all like riding a bicycle.

Just finished a re-paint for my own amusement; a Hurricane MkI of No. 1 Fighter Squadron, Irish Air Corps, Casement Aerodrome, Baldonnel, Ireland, 1942.

PIC1
PIC2
PIC3

A self portrait, with an octagonal head and really flat face...

What I fly when I'm not in CFS

Sláinte!
Emmet

#2: Re: Newbie Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:17 am
    ----
Nice RN!
Mostly only get those in museums over nowadays.
Seem to remember seeing one at my local Brooklands* (loads of other bikes/cars/aircraft too).
My Dad used to have a Matchless 350 and I ride a more modern VFR800.

Used to fly a 'cane myself in CFS1 as EURO_AMShades and DrRedSkwirrell (amongst a few others), but I'm a bit hindered by my joystick at the moment; Vista doesn't like it and I'm not buying another one because there isn't one as good as the ole FFB2.
The 45th "Peacemakers" are the guys who still fly CFS1 regularly with their own missions and using various other add-ons.

Skwizz

*Brooklands = where they started making Wellingtons, Hurricanes, Aston Martin Lagonda, etc. Now a road/aviation transport museum and new home of G-BBDG (Delta Golf) Concorde.

#3: Re: Newbie Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:50 am
    ----
Hi PiobBear and welcome to Com Central...

Looking at those pics taken in CFS1 really brings back some fond memories. I love the 'haze' of the sky and the way the ground looks. It may not be as 'modern' as the newer sims, but it sure brings back fond memories.. Wink

I know there's some CSF1 activity around, but it's getting harder and harder to find it seems. Still, if you can find a game, I'm sure it'll be just as fun as it always was.. Smile

#4: Re: Newbie Author: NS38th_AristaeusLocation: Pensacola, FL. PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:49 pm
    ----
~S~ PiobBear
Welcome to Com-Central.
Those are some good pics and a great repaint.
I am sure you will still find some good flying on line with CFS1.

#5: Re: Newbie Author: WolfeLocation: Away Down South in Dixie, USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:13 am
    ----
~S~ PiobBear...yes there is still some CFS1 activity going on. On tuesday and thursday nights, 7pm cst we (the 45th peacemakers) have squad nights. Usually an FFA to get warmed up and then a bombrun if enough show up. If not, well, shooting each other just seems right...Our site addy is: 45thpeacemakers.com/ just come there and post on our message board. On tuesday and thursday you can get to our games through the World Gaming Center; but you have to download and install the server and client for the CD rom games. If you do, we have a teamspeak server and we will pass on the ip for it so you can talk with whom you are shooting...lol Hope to see ya there!

45th_Wolfe (Wolfe on here..)

#6: Re: Newbie Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:20 am
    ----
Dear Piobear,

it's "Piobear Night" Tuesday and Thursdays.
You can bag as many Wulluf's as you want and it won't cost you a dime.

Just use the skins as your entry-ticket for the following week.

Cool

#7: Re: Newbie Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:42 am
    ----
- Shades
Just use the skins as your entry-ticket for the following week. Cool

LOLOL
Mr. Green

#8: Re: Newbie Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:17 pm
    ----
Wink

#9: Re: Newbie Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:19 pm
    ----
Hey Piobear, one Shady Red sqwerrel tail will get you in for life. Wulfe will love it for his hat to hang off the back. Twisted Evil

#10: Re: Newbie Author: WolfeLocation: Away Down South in Dixie, USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:04 pm
    ----
Yes I would! Especially since that little pesky tree rodent won't come and get his own "skins"; would LOVE to see him in there...other things I could relate to "shades" will have to be done in the bar and grill...emphasis on the grill...

Wolfe Mr. Green

#11: Re: Newbie Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:08 am
    ----
heheh

-> CFS1