amusing military warnings
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: amusing military warnings Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:21 pm
    ----
found thie web page Laughing

www.offbeatenough.com/...y-warnings

but with our crowd I'm sure we have many toppers, fire away

Jeff Lewis

#2: Re: amusing military warnings Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:32 pm
    ----
"Warning - Gun will fire if rotated by hand" (and that armored bullet trap over the minigun is because the warning wasn't enough for some people)

#3: Re: amusing military warnings Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:15 pm
    ----
Doug, Jeff,
I wish I had a picture, maybe Dontos does, of the red flag you would sometimes see on the Muzzel Boresight Device (MBD) or PYE Watson "Remove before firing". Very similar to what you'd see on aircraft, Bob, with their "Remove before flight" flags. Was not that unusual to have a crew leave one in and destroy the tube. The theory was some one on the gound or in the tower would see the flag waving in all it's glory and stop them before they did something really dumb. Did not have that problem with strings and tape, SOP was to just fire through them.

Joe D

#4: Re: amusing military warnings Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:32 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Doug, Jeff,
I wish I had a picture, maybe Dontos does, of the red flag you would sometimes see on the Muzzel Boresight Device (MBD) or PYE Watson "Remove before firing". Very similar to what you'd see on aircraft, Bob, with their "Remove before flight" flags. Was not that unusual to have a crew leave one in and destroy the tube. The theory was some one on the gound or in the tower would see the flag waving in all it's glory and stop them before they did something really dumb. Did not have that problem with strings and tape, SOP was to just fire through them.

Joe D

(Notice someone in the back??)

Don

#5: Re: amusing military warnings Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:49 pm
    ----
Expensive new hunting rifle - $1,200
Fancy scope for hunting rifle - $500
Boresight device to sight in new kit - $150
Forgetting to remove boresight device before popping off that first round - PRICELESS!

#6: Re: amusing military warnings Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:54 pm
    ----
Please tell me that wasn't your rifle Crying or Very sad

and if so have you contacted "Mythbusters" yet because they tried like mad to get that effect and never could

PS what caliber?

Jeff Lewis

#7: Re: amusing military warnings Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:57 pm
    ----
- piney
Please tell me that wasn't your rifle Crying or Very sad

and if so have you contacted "Mythbusters" yet because they tried like mad to get that effect and never could

PS what caliber?

Jeff Lewis

Nope, not mine.
A. I'm not that stupid.
B. I sight scopes the "old fashioned way"
C. Sent to me via email from an old 2/17th Cav buddy. Don't know the original source or veracity, but it looks genuine to me. I suspect it depends on several variables, like composition of the barrel material, but don't know for sure.

I've seen a couple of reloading disasters, and don't know why this couldn't be, depending on load and barrel material.

'nuther shot of it...

-> AFV News Discussion Board