Ft. Snelling Military Museum - Pics #5
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Ft. Snelling Military Museum - Pics #5 Author: A-109ELocation: Minneapolis PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:28 pm
    ----
Since today is National Truck Day (Well.....maybe I made that up, but any pretext will do...) I thought I'd show some of the FSMM's military softskin collection. Hope you AFV enthusiasts don't mind. Smile

Some of the FSMM vehicles have been saved for restoration at a later time when funding and workload permit.

#2: Re: Ft. Snelling Military Museum - Pics #5 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:54 pm
    ----
More great pics, Bob!

Let me ask this as diplomatically as possible...

Who the #*$! is responsible for painting that "water buffalo" like that? Shocked

A little older design, but here is our fuel/ammo/water point from a Night Defense Perimeter (that Roy will likely recall) from "somewhere in MRIII"(the trailer would be hauled from NDP to NDP by whoever drew the short straw and then flown out empty, back in full by CH-47 along with fuel blivets (shown here collaped and empty) and empty as the need arose.

#3: Re: Ft. Snelling Military Museum - Pics #5 Author: A-109ELocation: Minneapolis PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:23 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
More great pics, Bob!

Let me ask this as diplomatically as possible...

Who the #*$! is responsible for painting that "water buffalo" like that? Shocked

I think your query is a valid one, Doug, as are all the comments regarding the signage on the vehicles. It might help to understand that the museum is comprised entirely by volunteers who have good intentions but may lack direct experience with certain vehicles. Also, to cast all this in perspective, the FSMM's parent organization isn't very historically-minded and some within that organization consider the museum a waste of time and funding. Funds are always in short supply, and the volunteers who man the grounds on public days do so knowing that the total donations from the public might be only $50 per day. Crying or Very sad Not much, considering their investment of time.

When you consider the vast amount of expertise represented by this discussion board, I wonder if this august body might consider forming some sort of ad hoc committee with the intention of volunteering their time and effort towards re-writing, editing, or otherwise improving the placards on the vehicles? I'll bet the museum would love to have your collective expert help. Smile

Me? I'll help with aircraft identification and various weapons sub-systems, but I find you characters know far more about ground vehicles than I do, and I'm learning quite a lot from all of your interesting comments. Mr. Green

#4: Re: Ft. Snelling Military Museum - Pics #5 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:17 pm
    ----
Nice photographs.........thanks

-> AFV News Discussion Board