Thunder
-> Officer's Club

#1: Thunder Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:17 am
    ----
...over Michigan 2006.

Someone just e-mailed me THIS LINK.

Some really good phot's of some nice aircraft.

Thought you might be interested in taking a peek.

Sry if someone's already beat me to it and I'm doubling up.

#2: Re: Thunder Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:36 am
    ----
very nice link

Cool

#3: Re: Thunder Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:56 am
    ----
Superb quality pics there... ta for the link Mr. Green

Just as an add on...

Few of us 401 guys went to the Canadian heritage museum back in 2002, where the Lanc is based. For approx £1500 (sterling) you can go up in her for a 30min flight...

Guess where i'm going next time i'm over there Mr. Green

#4: Re: Thunder Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:48 am
    ----
£1500 for 30 minutes?!?!?!?

I could hire an Aston Martin Vantage for a week for less!

You fliers are a weird bunch.

Heheh Wink

I'm based close to 'Brooklands' in the U.K. which is where they were originally built.
Barnes Wallis's office has been preserved within the museum and my old Dad used to work with him (after the war though).

#5: Re: Thunder Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:24 am
    ----
- Shades

I'm based close to 'Brooklands' in the U.K. which is where they were originally built.

pics !! we want pics !!

#6: Re: Thunder Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:56 am
    ----
Excellent pics!!

#7: Re: Thunder Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:02 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
pics !! we want pics !!
Sorry Fled'.
They're really tight with their pic's.
There's loads to see there but they don't let it out to encourage people to visit.
Great for business, baaaaaad for us.

Anyway, these may help a bit.

www.brooklandsmuseum.c...istory.cfm
www.brooklandsmuseum.c...story2.cfm
www.brooklandsmuseum.c...story3.cfm
(2 & 3 are probably the more interesting to the likes of us)

www.brooklandsmuseum.c...hibits.cfm

#8: Re: Thunder Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:17 pm
    ----
Laughing you indeed can say they are a bunch of tight A** pricks there ! Laughing

Must say other museums in the UK are more web "visitors" friendly

saving up to drag my sorry A** up to Duxford next summer for the Flying Legends venue ..................

fled
Cool

#9: Re: Thunder Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:11 pm
    ----
It's an awesome show Fled.
I went a couple of years ago.
Arranged it as a 'meet' with other EURO's, some RaVeN's, HH's, even met up with some RAF662 (Duxford is RAF662 home base and a lot of 'em still fly outta there).
Got dreadfully sunburned though.
Take block.
And save some time to go into the City (Cambridge), it's a beautiful place.

Wink

-> Officer's Club