Saladin
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Saladin Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:39 am
    ----
Took these pictures this week,
This obvious Tennesee Football fan went through a lot of trouble painting this Saladin. It was parked in front of the Saturn Dealership off I-75 in Knoxville TN. No idea who it belongs too and didn't have time to ask.

I always thought the Saladin was the M41 of wheeled armored cars, They just look cool, even with this crazy paint.

Joe D

#2: Re: Saladin Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:35 pm
    ----
Hi Joe_D! Hi Folks!

- Joe_D

I always thought the Saladin was the M41 of wheeled armored cars, They just look cool, even with this crazy paint.

I have to agree with you Joe! There were times when I hoped the US Army would buy Saladins to replace the Lingles that Scouts had to fight with.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#3: Re: Saladin Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:38 pm
    ----
Aaaaarrrghhhh,

my eyes, my eyes... There are some things you just don't do to an AFV and this is right towards the top of the list.

If they send it to me, I can promise it'll get a new home, will be cared for and repainted- either BG or a desert scheme. Cool

#4: Re: Saladin Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:10 pm
    ----
Oh NO NO!!! Mr. Green

This is more of 'MY IDEA' of a good paint job,......

Perhaps I'll use this sort of paint scheme for my next Ontos restoration,...Purple & Gold!! Shocked

Mr. Green Mr. Green
Regards
Don

#5: Re: Saladin Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:27 pm
    ----
What kind of support might the "Lady Vols" be enjoying?

-> AFV News Discussion Board