NEW TANK LISTS M-60'S and others
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: NEW TANK LISTS M-60'S and others Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:59 pm
    ----
gone

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:29 pm; edited 3 times in total

#2: Re: NEW TANK LISTS M-60'S Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:46 pm
    ----
WOW,..... Got anything on MBT 70 / XM803 / XM1 / M1 / M1IP...???

#3: Re: NEW TANK LISTS M-60'S Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:51 pm
    ----
I'm pouring through the "big" list now - no XMs of any sort, a couple of M1 Abrams. Keep in mind its just donated items - not ones in museums... Only MBT-70 listed is the one at the Military Museum of Southern New England.

Neil

#4:  Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:03 am
    ----
gone

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: NEW TANK LISTS M-60'S Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:24 am
    ----
There are 2 M60 slicks, M60A0's, what ever you want to call them I don't see on your list. Sorry, I don't have any sn's on them. One is at the Kansas National Guard Muesem at Forbe's Field in Topeka, Ks.. The other one is about 45 mins away in Junction City, Ks. It's in front of the N.G. Armory for B Co. 1-635AR. We had one in the motor pool at the Armory in Lenexa, Ks. C Co. 1-635AR, for years. We fought the city for years to put it out front, but lost. They hauled it off about 3 or 4 years ago. The strange thing about the whole deal was, when we contacted State about comming to get it, they found out it had fallen off the books at State. Anybody could have hauled it off, and no one would have been the wiser

#6: Re: NEW TANK LISTS M-60'S Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:33 am
    ----
tanker, thanks for the info. Is that armory the one at 500 Airport Rd?

Neil

#7: Re: NEW TANK LISTS M-60'S Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:33 am
    ----
Army Junk

Just curious is this the list from TACOM or somewhere else?

#8: Re: NEW TANK LISTS M-60'S Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:37 am
    ----
Tanker, these are donation tanks, I don't believe you will find any Nation Guard tanks here, that must be a another list. Army museum tanks will not be here, the CMH owns them. no marine tanks here...i don't think

#9: Re: NEW TANK LISTS M-60'S and others Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:41 am
    ----
The Army Regulation refers to it as the "central registry," run by TACOM - so I am calling it the "TACOM Central Registry."

Neil

#10: Re: NEW TANK LISTS M-60'S and others Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:26 am
    ----
Thanks. I didn't see anything in the postings about where it came from (other than AJ2 Wink )

I am turning it into an Excel spreadsheet so it will be easier to sort by various fields. The one problem is that there is a lack of consistency in field deliniation. It sort of works okay for a human to parse but the combination of commas, spaces nd missing fields that are easy for us to spot are tough to handle with a programatic interface. I also wish it had ZIPcodes Sad

#11: Re: NEW TANK LISTS M-60'S and others Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:31 am
    ----
I find Access works better than Excell, but that is me,

#12: Re: NEW TANK LISTS M-60'S and others Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:44 am
    ----
I've never taken the time to become decent in Access. It does have more capabilities but I would also need to pay for a license for several home machines to take it everywhere I want to have it.

#13: Re: NEW TANK LISTS M-60'S and others Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:58 am
    ----
- armyjunk2
I find Access works better than Excell, but that is me,

I finally learned Access, although there is still some I have some problems.

I use it for my 'Ontos Register' of SN / USMC / Bumper #. Cross reference with Eng SN's, Trans SN's, log book entries, Photos, Crew rosters, time frames, and combat reports ( ie damage/destruction/action).

Talk about getting really indepth with information.....

Excell spread sheets help bring it all to life.

Don

#14: Re: NEW TANK LISTS M-60'S and others Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:32 am
    ----
Really, "pay for a license for several home machines" I didn't know that? anyway I find it easy to use and I believe if you use Excel already, Access would be pretty easy....

#15: Re: NEW TANK LISTS M-60'S and others Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:14 am
    ----
I bounce between several machines (one upstairs in the Library, one down in the basement workroom and occasionally my wifes laptop. I keep most of my files on a Memory Stick so I have them wherever I am. Because of the generous old Microsoft Academic licensing scheme I have MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) on all of them. The Office License I have did not come with Access. If I were to buy Access (Which ain't cheap) I could only have it on one of the machines. I've done some stuff in Access. I've just found that for simple datafiles with reasonable size fields I can get things manipulated in Excel faster. And for some field manipulation I move it over to a Unix box and use weird tools like AWK and SED. Rolling Eyes

-> AFV News Discussion Board