ID help needed
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: ID help needed Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:55 pm
    ----
Hi all

I'm not real good on post WWII stuff and I either missed this or its not in Hunnicutt's Bradley. Can anybody ID this vehicle for me? thanks in advance

Jeff Lewis

#2: Re: ID help needed Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:01 pm
    ----
Jeff,
Sorry, can't see the picture until Saturday.

Joe D

#3: Re: ID help needed Author: palic PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:19 pm
    ----
Quick Mr. Green answer: Pansarbandvagn 302 - an APC produced in Sweden

#4: Re: ID help needed Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:28 pm
    ----
Thanks Palic, now I just have to figure out why it was on display at Aberdeen 30 years ago when I took the Photo

Jeff Lewis

#5: Re: ID help needed Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:42 pm
    ----
From the "Inactive Files" it was donated by FSTC (Foreign Science and Technology Center) to the museum in 1978. Current status unknown... Inactive could mean a lot of things...

Neil

#6: Re: ID help needed Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:32 pm
    ----
Somebody might want to look in on the Wikipedia entry for this vehicle...somehow this doesn't look quite right:

"The pbv 302 has wide tracks and a high weight to power ratio, and gives exceptionally good off-road mobility, and the low ground pressure enables it to operate over summer tundra and winter snow."

#7: Re: ID help needed Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:59 pm
    ----
With Wikipedia you get what you pay for Rolling Eyes

#8: Re: ID help needed Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:40 pm
    ----
Don't get me started on "Wiki",

I've gotten to the point that I automatically dismiss anything that uses "Wiki" as a reference. I'm sure there is a lot of good info but there's no way to pick through the bogus from the real unless you already knew it. Kinda defeats the purpose of using it. Google anything and "Wiki" shows up usually first. I guess if you say it loud enough and long enough it becomes fact to many. Case in point our "M113" nut who will not be named.

Joe D

#9: Re: ID help needed Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:17 pm
    ----
Somewhat like book reviews on Amazon.com

#10: Re: ID help needed Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:29 pm
    ----
- bsmart
Somewhat like book reviews on Amazon.com
Laughing

-> AFV News Discussion Board