Sherman in Rogersville TN
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Sherman in Rogersville TN Author: TravisLocation: Colorado Springs PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:18 am
    ----
Hello, my name is Travis Whitt, and I am the person who restored this Sherman a couple of years ago. Neil is right, the tank was in Morristown, TN, from March 06, 2004, to May 06, 2006 in front of my dad's shop. The 278th was responsible for moving the tank, which is why their numbers are on the tank. The majority of the insignia is made up because when I received the tank, it was only olive drab, and no markings remained. Sgt. Siler helped move the tank the first time, and we did become friends. This is why we did a memorial to him by putting his name in the TC's spot. Corporal Roland was the post's chaplain at the time, and he was a Sherman driver during WWII. The post commander thought it fitting to put his name in the driver spot, so Corporal Roland's son was given the honor of doing so after the tank was returned to the post. If you have any more questions or are interested in photos of the project, please feel free to ask. However, I will be limited on my responses because I am currently in the Air Force in Colorado Springs, so I will only have access to pics when I am home on leave.

Travis

-> AFV News Discussion Board