Licher Bier alert!!!
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Licher Bier alert!!! Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:58 am
    ----
Gents,

I have received word back from the Licher brewery, for some reason they listed those as distributors for Licher Weizen, but it stands to reason they carry Pilsner and Export as well:

Marrs Distributing, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Phone: 918 622-1440
Fax : 918 622-1443

WH Company, Georgetown, South Carolina
Phone: 843/527-6177
Fax : 843/527-6177

Bryant Distributing, Owensboro, Kentucky
Phone: 270 684-2326

I know one individual who is going to get busy in KY... Mr. Green Let me know how it pans out.

#2: Re: Licher Bier alert!!! Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:39 am
    ----
I'm on the phone right now.....

YOU ARE THE MAN !!!!!

Sooooo, on a similiar note, Is the 'ONE CLUB' in Lich still there? That was a real neat place.

For that matter, My favorite 'home away from the barracks' was a place in Langgons, called the 'SHAKATAK'. A small club next to the 'sportplatz', the only nightclub in town. I imagine its long gone now, Great people there.

Lost along 'memory lane'.... Cool
Don

#3: Re: Licher Bier alert!!! Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:12 pm
    ----

Bryant Distributing, Owensboro, Kentucky
Phone: 270 684-2326 !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Jens, I now have to call them up and make arrangements

Joe D

#4: Re: Licher Bier alert!!! Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:35 pm
    ----
You're quite welcome, gentlemen,

hoist one for me and for old USAREUR times' sake, we kept the cold war cold. Wink

Don, all your old haunts are gone, I think the "Hard Rock" at Lang Göns is still alive, but that's about it.

#5: Re: Licher Bier alert!!! Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:00 pm
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner
You're quite welcome, gentlemen,

hoist one for me and for old USAREUR times' sake, we kept the cold war cold. Wink

Don, all your old haunts are gone, I think the "Hard Rock" at Lang Göns is still alive, but that's about it.

'Hard Rock'...?

That brings to mind,....
"Uriah Heap" played a 'concert' in the Lang Göns Sports Club by the Sports Platz, as I remember, in 1988 or 89.

For some reason I didn't go, as I spent that evening at the Shakatak, improving the local economy by consuming volumous varieties of 'Alt Bier', Plum Snapps (little bottles), Kummerlings (Coffin bottles !?), Tequila (Pepe Lopez), and others I have long forgotten..... Cool

Boy, does it sound like I had a drinking problem back then.. Shocked ...?

Actually,....it was Nooooo Problem.... Mr. Green

Don

#6: Re: Licher Bier alert!!! Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:22 pm
    ----
- Dontos
'Hard Rock'...?

That brings to mind,....
"Uriah Heap" played a 'concert' in the Lang Göns Sports Club by the Sports Platz, as I remember, in 1988 or 89.

For some reason I didn't go, as I spent that evening at the Shakatak, improving the local economy by consuming volumous varieties of 'Alt Bier', Plum Snapps (little bottles), Kummerlings (Coffin bottles !?), Tequila (Pepe Lopez), and others I have long forgotten..... Cool

Boy, does it sound like I had a drinking problem back then.. Shocked ...?

Actually,....it was Nooooo Problem.... Mr. Green

Don

Sheesh, now you've got me strolling down memory lane... Uriah Heep at Lang Göns, I'd completely forgotten about that- and then there was Charlie Daniels on an USO tour, where a great time was had by all and copious amounts of alcoholic beverages were consumed.

Couldn't have been that bad, the memories linger on- seems like the brew just killed the weaklings among the brain cells. Mr. Green

#7: Re: Licher Bier alert!!! Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:02 pm
    ----
Okay, this is it....

Ten Years After ( with Alvin Lee !!) / Bo Diddly & Ron Wood / Foriegner / Starship (as in Jefferson Starship) / T'Pau / Jethro Tull

Don

#8: Re: Licher Bier alert!!! Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:50 pm
    ----
Uh-oh,

we've been to the same venues, my man. Somewhere I have one of those as well... Egads, has it really been that long ago?

Jens O.

#9: Re: Licher Bier alert!!! Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:45 pm
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner
Uh-oh,

we've been to the same venues, my man. Somewhere I have one of those as well... Egads, has it really been that long ago?

Jens O.

How about these two:

And YES IT HAS REALLY BEEN THAT LONG AGO... Mr. Green

Don

#10: Re: Licher Bier alert!!! Author: A-109ELocation: Minneapolis PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:51 pm
    ----
Good news, Jens, thanks! At Stillwater International Airport (Corgi Field) one may find such oddities as a Bristol Britannia.....

...a busy air freight terminal.....

...where they trans-ship vast quantities of Newcastle Brown Ale....... Laughing

#11: Re: Licher Bier alert!!! Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:01 pm
    ----
OMG,

you had to bring up Newcastle Brown Ale- that comes with its own set of memories attached, involving also copious amounts of cod & chips with lots of vinegar...

More at a later date, I've just returned from our modeling show which was a lot of fun and our motley crew was able to scare up a whopping EUR 1,000 donation for child cancer aid (the largest individual donation, he modestly adds)- I'm just a wee bit bushed and will update you gentlemen in a day or two.

#12: Memories of Licher and "The Rock" Author: Geoff_walden PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:32 pm
    ----
The data plate was from my M60A1 RISE (Passive) S/N 9816. (They came along one day and put new data plates in all our tanks, so I kept the old one.)

The mug is something that caught my eye at a relic show a couple years ago, and I had to have it, since I was in the same battalion, 20 years later. We didn't have cool beer mugs like this when I was on "The Rock"!

(I have no idea who "Bob" was. Laughing )

Geoff Walden
2-33 Armor, 3AD, 1979-82
Ayers Kaserne, Kirch-Goens, "The Rock"

#13: Re: Memories of Licher and "The Rock" Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:32 pm
    ----
- Geoff_walden
The data plate was from my M60A1 RISE (Passive) S/N 9816. (They came along one day and put new data plates in all our tanks, so I kept the old one.)

The mug is something that caught my eye at a relic show a couple years ago, and I had to have it, since I was in the same battalion, 20 years later. We didn't have cool beer mugs like this when I was on "The Rock"!

(I have no idea who "Bob" was. Laughing )

Geoff Walden
2-33 Armor, 3AD, 1979-82

Here is one thing you missed,......

[img][/img]

and one of the Motor Pool in May 1989

[img][/img]

Don
4-32 Armor, 3rd AD, 1986-1989

#14: Re: Licher Bier alert!!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:21 pm
    ----
PFFFTTT! What do Germans know about beer?! You want a satisfying, full-bodied quaff, you reach for Ba M' Ba. Wink

Of course, you might have to reach for more than one, because the fill volumes are designed for Eastern capacities, but once you've had 30 cases of these, you'll never go back.

But sadly, Heineken asserted their ownership rights to the branding, so the SRVN has adapted, while still keeping their "signature" look. "Tiger" and "Huda" are also available, but they don't roll off the tongue like the original....

Laughing

#15: Re: Licher Bier alert!!! Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:24 am
    ----
Dang! All this talk about beer has made me thirsty.

Beer run!

-> AFV News Discussion Board