Tan and Brown Bradley
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Tan and Brown Bradley Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:39 pm
    ----
- MarkHolloway
- Hellfish6
As far as I know, the Montana Guard are the only ones with tan and brown vehicles. They used to be Opfor augmentees, but I don't think so anymore. When I was at Fort Harrison earlier this year, they still had lots of vehicles painted with this scheme.

So this raises the question of why a 10th Division honor guard was in Montana?

No idea. That pic definitely looks like Fort Harrison though - especially those hills. Maybe the 89th was formed at Fort Harrison?

#17: Re: Tan and Brown Bradley Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:05 am
    ----
Hi CIA Agents and other Folks!

Here is a second picture with a Tan and Brown Abrams beside that Bradley.

Link to the smaller picture with caption:

www.army.mil/-images/2...9/19/8089/

There are four other pictures of the horse troopers, but none of them state were this "High Plains Troopers" unit is other than beneath "big-sky country". I take it, that should be in Montana?

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

Last edited by Roy_A_Lingle on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

#18: Re: Tan and Brown Bradley Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:13 am
    ----
Hi Doug! Hi Folks!

- Doug_Kibbey

....since we're lookin' at old-fashioned horsie type Cav troopers in that pic and you've got "Old Bill" in yer avatar...there's been a lot of discussion in some quarters that the new Regimental CO over at the 11th Cav has, for reasons best understood by himself, decided to take the Rgt. back to the 1901 style Cav hat (for those that choose to go that way) at a mere cost of $180 (for those that have that lying around) relegating all those traditional black Cav hats for the serving guys obsolete.

I think you'll have to make do with the items I sent you a year or so ago. Sorry, Bud.

I AM MORE THAN HAPPY with the poster and the other two items you provided me with and still own you something in return for.
Besides I have a current version of traditional black Cav hat and I think it looks a lot better than that brown 1901 style hat.

Will try to post some photos after I get home today.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#19: Re: Tan and Brown Bradley Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:25 am
    ----
www.army.mil/-images/2...115847.jpg

^ In that pic you can clearly make out the bumper number of the Bradley. 116th Cav Brigade, 1-163 Infantry. Montana Army Guard.

#20: Re: Tan and Brown Bradley Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:58 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Doug! Hi Folks!

- Doug_Kibbey

....since we're lookin' at old-fashioned horsie type Cav troopers in that pic and you've got "Old Bill" in yer avatar...there's been a lot of discussion in some quarters that the new Regimental CO over at the 11th Cav has, for reasons best understood by himself, decided to take the Rgt. back to the 1901 style Cav hat (for those that choose to go that way) at a mere cost of $180 (for those that have that lying around) relegating all those traditional black Cav hats for the serving guys obsolete.

I think you'll have to make do with the items I sent you a year or so ago. Sorry, Bud.

I AM MORE THAN HAPPY with the poster and the other two items you provided me with and still own you something in return for.
Besides I have a current version of traditional black Cav hat and I think it looks a lot better than that brown 1901 style hat.

Will try to post some photos after I get home today.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

You don't owe me nuthin', Bud...that wasn't mah motivation. I think yer service outweighs mine and you can consider yerself "paid up". Wink

(FWIW, I agree with ya' about the hat, too.)

#21: Re: Tan and Brown Bradley Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:01 am
    ----
Hello fellow CIA Agents and other Folks!

UPDATED Intell report!

Finally the Army put some details on the Army dot Mil site, still mess it up however.

This is what is now posted on the main webpage in the slide show area:

"89th Montana Cavalry Regiment Montana National Guard participate in a battle streamer dedication ceremony for the 1st Battalion 163rd Infantry Regiment at Fort William Henry Harrison, Montana, Sept 8,"

There looks like there should be more informantion, but it was cut off, possible, by the data field for info in the slide show area. None of the individual photos has any of this info.

For all you CIA Agents who review the photos and reported corrected details, WELL DONE!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board