Aberdeen video
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Aberdeen video Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:39 am
    ----
came across this, obviously older but still of interest

youtube.com/watch?v=zQunV2NIyiY

and

youtube.com/watch?v=my...ed&search=

Jeff Lewis

#2: Re: Aberdeen video Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:10 am
    ----
Sorry to jump in the AFV mix, but a great vid there Piney! Aberdeen brings back lots o' memories - spent a few years there working at the National Ground Intelligence Center . My whole job was driving around the Russian stuff. Brought a lot of my family to the museum there - everyone left really impressed with their collection!

Last edited by JG300_Hunt on Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: Aberdeen video Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:13 am
    ----
Feel free to jump in anytme, we may want to pick your brains now that we have you here Razz

Jeff Lewis

#4: Re: Aberdeen video Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:11 pm
    ----
Hunt is one of JG300's not-so-stealth members with authentic military experience, however unlike some of it's, uhh...more senior members, he's still active duty in one of the murkier roles he might, or might not, be inclined to go into in much detail. However maybe we can lure him out on the vehicular coolness that he's not even shared with his teamates. Evil or Very Mad

#5: Re: Aberdeen video Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:00 pm
    ----
Did I forget to mention my stint as a Russian Tanker?? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by JG300_Hunt on Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: Aberdeen video Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:55 pm
    ----
- JG300_Hunt
Did I forget to mention my stint as a Russian Tanker?? Rolling Eyes

We'll be bringing up this, and other, little oversights in the next squad meeting, Buster! Wink

(and BTW, report to the "Boss Hawg" and see about getting a siggie displayed on his Photobucket account so we can at least fly the flag in unison, prior to your impending flogging.... Mr. Green )

#7: Re: Aberdeen video Author: Misfire PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:11 am
    ----
Wow!...they run a tight ship over there in JG300! Shocked

#8: Re: Aberdeen video Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:21 am
    ----
Tighter than you could imagine! Mr. Green

Not sure what you mean about the banner.... Rolling Eyes

It was one of the better assignments I have had actually as far as fun factor is concered. Got liscensed on T-72's, T-54/T55's, BMP 1 & 2's, and some SPARTY pieces as well. Although, let me tell you, PMCS was a bugger! We had a figure 8 test track on site, so whenever there was nothing on the proverbial plate, fired something up and took her for a spin!

#9: Re: Aberdeen video Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:47 am
    ----
- JG300_Hunt
Tighter than you could imagine! Mr. Green

Not sure what you mean about the banner.... Rolling Eyes

It was one of the better assignments I have had actually as far as fun factor is concered. Got liscensed on T-72's, T-54/T55's, BMP 1 & 2's, and some SPARTY pieces as well. Although, let me tell you, PMCS was a bugger! We had a figure 8 test track on site, so whenever there was nothing on the proverbial plate, fired something up and took her for a spin!

You've got the banner now...wasn't showin' for me earlier for some reason...that'll reduce the number of lashes, anyways, (though you're not off the hook for holdin' out on the furrin' armor thing...).

Do you have time on domestic armor for comparison?

#10: Re: Aberdeen video Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:24 am
    ----
I got to take a spin in a Bradley and a Stryker, other than that, limited to the HMMWV.

The Russian stuff is very durable. We were at a demonstration I recall with several U.S. systems and our T-72 that was contracted. The M60 there was throwin track left and right. I have never broken track (other than for training) in a T-72. The tanks were all controlled by Lats vs. the ol' T-bar - made for some fun high-speed maneuverin'.

Guess it all depends on what you're comparin' really. Wink

#11: Re: Aberdeen video Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:36 am
    ----
Found a bit of info on the division of NGIC I worked under - The second bullet is the specific office, based out of APG (Deer Creek Loop)

Foreign Material Acquisition and Exploitation. NGIC is the Army's executive agent for acquisition and exploitation of foreign ground systems as part of the DoD Foreign Material Acquisitions and Exploitation Program. The NGIC works closely with the Army and DoD customers to establish acquisition and exploitation priorities; with collectors to obtain high priority items; and with Army and DoD RDT& E communities to exploit foreign threat systems to better assess strengths, vulnerabilities and possible technology/ system improvements for US systems. Major customers include AMC, USN, USAF and USMC RDT& E community and OSD/ DoD policy makers.

Material Operations Division (FOD). The FOD is located at Aberdeen Proving Grounds (APG), Maryland. FOD operates the U. S. Foreign Materiel Exploitation Program receiving and trans- shipment points. Manages inventories, maintain systems, and support limited on site exploitation. FOD also produces complex scale models of foreign weapon systems in direct support of the Army Signatures Program.

#12: Re: Aberdeen video Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:36 am
    ----
Hmmm..sum'thin' was wrong...M60's don't just "throw track". If you attack the terrain poorly or if it's adjusted wrong it can certainly happen (and does), but "left and right"?....sounds like the crew was in need of adjustment...or more experience.

Too bad you missed that ride...they're fun! (They're T-bar as well, and old M113's are lats too!)

#13: Re: Aberdeen video Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:49 am
    ----
It was rather wet out during the expo - lotsa deep mud pits. She tossed track about 3 times in a 12 hour demo if I remember right. That's split between two tanks. Could be entirely possible they were trying to have as much fun as I was - of course I was tryin' donuts in the mud! Mr. Green

#14: Re: Aberdeen video Author: Freiherr_KieferLocation: Washington sectional PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:13 pm
    ----
JG300 Ascout flying home the rest of the JG after a particularly liquid debriefing ( his turn to be designated pilot)

Mr. Green

Der Baron

#15: Re: Aberdeen video Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:26 pm
    ----
- Freiherr_Kiefer
JG300 Ascout flying home the rest of the JG after a particularly liquid debriefing ( his turn to be designated pilot)

Mr. Green

Der Baron

Baron...

Thanks for preserving our individual anonymity by concealing our facial features...could be useful in case of capture. Wink

-> AFV News Discussion Board