Great new scenery for KORS Orcas Is. (and the "Pig Sty")
-> FS2004

#1: Great new scenery for KORS Orcas Is. (and the "Pig Sty") Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:20 pm
    ----
The things I do for you guys...Sheesh!

You know, we recognize how everybody wants a piece of JG300 action and wants on to our "A" list for parties. Sure, those Geico Caveman guys are hot now, and their crib is nice, but their beer is who-know's-how-old and there's that hair all over the furniture. Rolling Eyes With the "Wilde Sau's", the beer is primo, the chicks are hot, the scenery is first-rate, and we don't yell at you if you spill your drinks or drop your butts on the carpet....'cuz there isn't any. You can put you feet on the furniture and we're cool.

BUT...we are a little out of the way, bein's we're way up there on Orcas Island at KORS, and with the high price of fuel these days, it can be kinda' pricey gettin' in and out, so I worked something out for ya'. I put interservice rivalry aside and talked to the most excellent Earl Watkins, retired Navy, and designer of the USS Mispillion fleet oiler that usually cruises the waters just off Subic Bay, Philippines (Ascout highly recommends it) and basically, kissed a lot of butt for you guys to see if we could get a version to ply the waters just off the north side of Orcas Is. since our Liberty Ships are not landable and don't have space for fuel anyway, bein's they're full up with beer. A deal was struck...and a new version of the USS Mispillion was forthcoming faster than you could say "TwentycasesofJG300PrivateReservewillappearatyourdoorbynextbusinessday".

So, now if you fly Orcas Is. KORS, with or without the "Pig Sty" addon, you can have a mobile filling station right there off shore with lots of cool features and a landable hard surface for your personal helicopter just beyond the secret underground base we favor. I can't speak for the prices, but the Navy, being only slightly less corrupt than JG300 itself, should be pretty reasonable...I mean, it's not like you're dealing with the Army or anything. Take some shiny objects for barter. Mr. Green

Many thanks (and ALL the credit) to Earl A. Watkins, USN (ret.) for making this available to us (and hint: there's something in the works coming for just off the coast of Vietnam, even better, ...stand by)

Earls' works are features on the excellent specialty site no doubt already known to some of you, www.fs-shipyards.org Check it out!

Get it here: (at the good folks over at www.Hovercontrol.com )

64.34.169.161/ifolio_f...o105s4.zip

It has great moving wake effects....hover by it in a helicopter and you'll swear it's moving!

("Pig Sty" or KORS and underground base visible in distance, Mispillion is ship beyond Liberty ship off in distance in bottom shot)

Last edited by JG300-Ascout on Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:20 pm; edited 3 times in total

#2: Re: Great new scenery for KORS Orcas Is. (and the "Pig Sty") Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:28 pm
    ----
Holy Cripes. That looks VERY nice!!!!

Thank you, Thank Earl A. Watkins, USN (ret.), excellent stuff!!!!

#3: Re: Great new scenery for KORS Orcas Is. (and the "Pig Sty") Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:28 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Holy Cripes. That looks VERY nice!!!!

Thank you, Thank Earl A. Watkins, USN (ret.), excellent stuff!!!!

It is.

Just don't do like I did Stoopy, and ask for Green Stamps. Fortunately, it was a short swim back to the island. Rolling Eyes

Earl has a distinguished history on some proud ships, including the "Oriskany", check out his pages....

home.socal.rr.com/skip.../fccs1.htm

Ships he served on (with pics)...

home.socal.rr.com/skip.../fccs2.htm

Cool stuff, excellent service for which he deserves our thanks!

#4: Re: Great new scenery for KORS Orcas Is. (and the "Pig Sty") Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:34 pm
    ----
Awesome!

Finally, a place to set down my TH-6B. Wink

#5: Re: Great new scenery for KORS Orcas Is. (and the "Pig Sty") Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:45 pm
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat
Awesome!

Finally, a place to set down my TH-6B. Wink

I've been hoping for something a little more....slithery. Wink

#6: Re: Great new scenery for KORS Orcas Is. (and the "Pig Sty") Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:58 pm
    ----
Well I don't know what to say other than...migod, this is just incredible. I mean, Ascout you're right, the level of detail has to be seen to be truly believed and appreciated! Pix don't do it justice but here goes anyway.....

Sent a recon flight out to meet this new "Oiler for the Oinkers"....

The wake really adds to it, you're so right!

Approaching from the stern, the wake effect TRULY provides the feeling of movement and that you're keeping apace with the ship....boat?....floaty thingy. I had a bit of a hard time getting my head used to the feeling of movement, not that it's anything new...

The awesome detail on the deck objects had my door gunner nervous and there were some tense moments as the two gunners on each side looked each other over....

Looks like there could be some good stuff in those crates on deck...next trip, we'll bring "barter" for sure! Laughing

Only thing missing is a sign quoting the avgas prices too!

I did one of those proper (I think) cross-wise landings, leave it to the Navy to be different!

Really awesome. One question.....last night after installing, I flew over it in a fixed wing (screenshots never got saved) and I saw a helo on deck....now it's gone, so is it an AI helo that comes and goes? Or am I all messed up...again?! Or maybe it's the helo in your pic above......had another root canal today, these drugs are mighty good!!!

Just outstanding, THANK YOU Earl A. Watkins, USN (ret.) !!!!!

#7: Re: Great new scenery for KORS Orcas Is. (and the "Pig Sty") Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:25 pm
    ----
Stoopy,
That's interesting about the heli you saw...I haven't seen that. I've only been flying a heli myself when around the Mispillion and don't know why there'd be an AI on it, but know it can be done because there's on on the frigate next to the Waikato, but it's not dependent on what you're flying.

We're trying to get Earl registered, maybe he'll address that once he's on...I've not seen it myself and I've flown around at all times of day and night.

Did'ja' like the rotating "Union 76" ball?

I'm thinking that big thing on deck is a huge matress....maybe we should get a CH-47 and bring out all the hotties from the "Pig Sty" , some Mazola Corn Oil and some beer.... Wink

#8: Re: Great new scenery for KORS Orcas Is. (and the "Pig Sty") Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:54 pm
    ----
I think I'm just wrong about seeing a helo before, as I look at your first screenie, I think that's where I got the idea, because it's so clear and I think that here on the next day, I'm confused (again, third root canal and good painkillers).

The ball is KEWL as a JEWEL baby!!!!! And I'll get some fresh film in the Polaroid for the Pigsty Babe mattress test! Laughing

#9: Re: Great new scenery for KORS Orcas Is. (and the "Pig Sty") Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:22 pm
    ----
CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?! They declined my credit card! Muttered sum'thin' about having to keep a little something on board to fill the "Constellation" with. Rolling Eyes (I think they were just sore about how the bow dipped and they took on water when I landed this thing).

They got theirs though...wandered south into California waters where they weren't impressed with the posted speed limit...something about "too fast for conditions"..... Razz

#10: Re: Great new scenery for KORS Orcas Is. (and the "Pig Sty") Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:46 pm
    ----
"That bust was bogus, Man....dude didn't even have a warrant..." Evil or Very Mad

#11: Re: Great new scenery for KORS Orcas Is. (and the "Pig Sty") Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:25 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
I've been hoping for something a little more....slithery. Wink

It might get some attention this Winter. Between work and the House haven't had a chance to touch it, not to mention having to learn FSDS3. Rolling Eyes

#12: Re: Great new scenery for KORS Orcas Is. (and the "Pig Sty") Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:45 pm
    ----
some more "ships" uploaded at flightsim.com today

#13: Re: Great new scenery for KORS Orcas Is. (and the "Pig Sty") Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:12 pm
    ----
You know, after seeing it churn up all that wake out there and not going anywhere, some of the fella's became concerned after a while so we contacted a local Naval Air Station to send a plane out to do a flyby...

They reported "no signs of life" aboard....I'm not sure we haven't got ourselves a "Ghost Ship" out there! Shocked

-> FS2004