Free Firewall worth checking out!
-> Software

#1: Free Firewall worth checking out! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:59 am
    ----
Every now and then a program comes along worth checking out and in my daily travels, I've come across this one called PC Tools Firewall (FREE) ...

IMO, it works like a mix between the stock XP firewall and Zone Alarm but has a much better user interface making it easier to understand for less savvy users. Don't get me wrong, it's no lightweight app either... Wink

Click Here to see more.

#2: Re: Free Firewall worth checking out! Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:44 am
    ----
That damned program wiped out my Internet connection (Literally - deleted my IP and everything! Took an hour to figure out my password on my ISP to re-install my connection once I figured out what the hell happened!!) Shocked

Other than that, looked like a user friendly interface! Mr. Green

#3: Re: Free Firewall worth checking out! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:10 am
    ----
and another one bites the dust ..............................

#4: Re: Free Firewall worth checking out! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:13 am
    ----
That's odd, I've installed this on all the computers at work with no issues at all. ( I like using the work computers first 'cause I don't want to screw up my gaming rig...lol )

Are you sure you set the permissions correctly in the program? Wink

#5: Re: Free Firewall worth checking out! Author: Chuck_71st PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:31 pm
    ----
I use this www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html it works really good,updates itself daily......and its free!

#6: Re: Free Firewall worth checking out! Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:25 am
    ----
I just installed it and then went to go hit the web - but during the install, it wiped everything out

-> Software