Members please take note of Fled's announcement....
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Members please take note of Fled's announcement.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:47 pm
    ----
...since it's at the top of the page, might be easily overlooked. As the largest single group of members (by far) at Com-Central, we have to be mindful of our impact on the site and requests by the Administrators (Their Names Be Praised....) who grant us this space for free. The example cited is not intended to single any particular person out, nor is the announcement directed at any person in particular, but for everyone's consumption as a whole, because of noticed trends. Pics, and sizes, impose a burden on other members as well, so let's try to adhere to Wolter's very reasonable request, which is not in any way intended to discourage the posting of useful images, just the way it's done so as to be more efficient.

Thanks!

#2: Re: Members please take note of Fled's announcement.... Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:50 pm
    ----
Point taken and understood,

My last post is now "Fled Friendly" Mr. Green , and I have to agree, some of us have to use dial up once in a while, very painful.

Joe D

#3: Re: Members please take note of Fled's announcement.... Author: JaredLocation: Wherever the army sends me PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:20 am
    ----
I am sure he meant 10 images per topic as well rather than 10 images per message.

#4: Re: Members please take note of Fled's announcement.... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:11 am
    ----
Sorry!

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#5: Re: Members please take note of Fled's announcement.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:15 am
    ----
Gentleman,

I mean when you start a new topic and you include photographs with that then please limit it to 10.

If you have 50 photgraphs you want to share with your friends here, then please, do as follows,

for example you have 50 pics of a Tiger I recovered in location X

Than make 5 posts like, again as idea,

Tiger I found at X part_1 and include your first set of 10 pics,
Tiger I found at X part_2 and include your second set of 10 pics,
Tiger I found at X part_3 and include your third set of 10 pics,
Tiger I found at X part_4 and include your fourth set of 10 pics,
Tiger I found at X part_5 and include your fifth set of 10 pics,

As said imho,
a. gives you more oversight,
b. the pages won't take that long to load,
c. you limit the number of comments to the pics localized to the pics there per post

d. subsequentially, therfore the eventual discussions give people more oversight, but again, there is NO Limit on the amount of images/photographs you Gentleman want to post, I merely tryed to advise you so we can keep a "readable" site for you all out there,
also if in doubt, send a little PM to your Moderators and ask or state your question or problem you may have posting photo's or other.

I'm convinced that once you all get the hang of it, it will be a more pleasurable visit for your fellow members that are still on dail-up connections out there.

Thanking you all in advance for your much valued contributions and cooperation to make the AFV Forum and Com-Central a better place for all,

With Kindest Regards,

Uhu_Fledermaus
Site Administrator

#6: Re: Members please take note of Fled's announcement.... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:57 pm
    ----
Now for a question about 'Best Practices'

When we put a picture at photobucket and then put a link in our message (using {SQ braket}img {SQ braket} image path ...) does that react differently than putting the picture right in the message. This is a detail that I have never been quite sure about. Is there a preferable way to include pictures that lessens the load on the system?

#7: Re: Members please take note of Fled's announcement.... Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:23 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
some of us have to use dial up once in a while, very painful.

Joe D

Some of us have nothing but dial-up, always painful.

-> AFV News Discussion Board