Can someone here ID some of these for me?
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Can someone here ID some of these for me? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:39 pm
    ----
Can someone here ID some of these for me? Thanks very much ahead of time........

#2: Re: Can someone here ID some of these for me? Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:20 pm
    ----
1 - Marmon-Herrington Mk.IV
2 - Harry Hopkins
3 - Type 69
4 - BRDM-2
6 - Ferret Mk.2
7 - Landsver l60
8 - Strv M/40k

#3: Re: Can someone here ID some of these for me? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:46 pm
    ----
Good job Taranov! You did a lot better than I could have done Confused

#4: Re: Can someone here ID some of these for me? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:04 pm
    ----
Thank you Taranov, did you get the CD I left with the woman out front of the museum? Will it play in Russia? The interpreter said she was your wife.....The museum looked great.............

#5: Re: Can someone here ID some of these for me? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:44 pm
    ----
Okay Am I the only one who only sees 7 pictures? Confused

Number 7 is a green and brown camoed small tank with 335 on the turret and an M60A1/3 in the background

#6: Re: Can someone here ID some of these for me? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:18 pm
    ----
No Bob,

you are not the only one,

I also can not see more than 7 piccie's in this thread Laughing

#7: Re: Can someone here ID some of these for me? Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:18 pm
    ----
You OK Bob Wink there is no number 5 in Taranov's list

Jeff Lewis

#8: Re: Can someone here ID some of these for me? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:24 pm
    ----
i was just told number 5 is a Humbler Pig

#9: Re: Can someone here ID some of these for me? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:41 pm
    ----
- bsmart
Number 7 is a green and brown camoed small tank with 335 on the turret and an M60A1/3 in the background

Funny way to say
"Hey, I'm more interested in M60 series MBTs than in Strv M/40k tanks" Mr. Green

Pierre-Olivier

#10: Re: Can someone here ID some of these for me? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:45 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
- bsmart

Funny way to say
"Hey, I'm more interested in M60 series MBTs than in Strv M/40k tanks" Mr. Green

Pierre-Olivier

Well I am interested in the M60s but I'm also interested in the others
#6 seemed to be a Ferret which left me not knowing whether #7 was a Landsver l60 or a - Strv M/40k? and where the other one was? Confused

#11: Re: Can someone here ID some of these for me? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:26 pm
    ----
Well well Bob,

After having checked what is a Landsverk L60 and a Strv M/40k, I should say.... you got me. I thought that the number 6 was indeed a Landsverk L60, without having made further researches..
So it seems that N° 7 is a Strv M/40k.

P-O

#12: Re: Can someone here ID some of these for me? Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:43 am
    ----
- armyjunk2
Thank you Taranov, did you get the CD I left with the woman out front of the museum?

I not been in Kubinka from tankman's day. Maybe in next week i do "recon" visit Wink

#13: Re: Can someone here ID some of these for me? Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:04 am
    ----
- armyjunk2
i was just told number 5 is a Humbler Pig

I do not know if it is humbler than other pigs, but the manufacturer is actually Humber. Mr. Green

The BRDM-2 is the Rkhb variant, basically an NBC-detection vehicle, the little flags on the back are lane markers that can be dropped automatically- alternatively, various warning flags could be carried.

Landsverk L60 and Strv m/40 are actually the same thing, the L60 is the basic vehicle and the m/40 bit designates the version. 20 of the m/40L were sold to the Dominican Republic in 1960, if I may jog your memories here, the Swedes retired their various m/40 versions by 1957. Cool

Cheers,

Jens O.

(on the last leg home)

#14: Re: Can someone here ID some of these for me? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:56 am
    ----
By the way - Where were these pictures taken?

#15: Re: Can someone here ID some of these for me? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:06 pm
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner

Landsverk L60 and Strv m/40 are actually the same thing, the L60 is the basic vehicle and the m/40 bit designates the version. 20 of the m/40L were sold to the Dominican Republic in 1960, if I may jog your memories here, the Swedes retired their various m/40 versions by 1957. Cool

In 1965, During Operation Barrel Bottom , a Dominican Rebel L60 was killed by 106mm RR fire. This action along with a 106mm RR kill of an AMX13 have been attributed to the M50 Ontos. The Ontos did not make those two kills. Thay were fired by ground mounted 106mm RR manned by the US Armys 82nd ARBN.

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board