FSX test server
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> FSX

#1: FSX test server Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:35 am
    ----
CC_testing server

M$ FSX

A test server is running on Gamespy, and also on FSHost

Please attempt to join via Gamespy or direct connection 81.104.156.17 via FSHostClient.

The game has had no tweaks so there may be teething problems to sort out but the main purpose of the test is to see if people can join and what the connection is like.

No Password

Server will be available between 10am and midnight GMT

Last edited by Kitform on Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:12 am; edited 4 times in total

#2: Re: FSX test server Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:40 am
    ----
Thanks Kit, I'll try and hook up asap and let you know the outcome... Wink

#3: Re: FSX test server Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:51 am
    ----
great stuff !!
I'll going to check it out asap ! Smile

Fled
Cool

#4: Re: FSX test server Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:21 am
    ----
Well, since I'm on the SP2 update I know I won't be able to connect through Gamespy to any servers hosted by stock FSX. The number of hosts has dropped dramatically for what I see now and this was a known change. This is the same thing that goes on with the various IL2 updtes as well as the CFS3 thing when they patched it to 3.1. Hopefully once the SP2 update is available for free download and everyone gets up to the same level this will sort itself out.

#5: Re: FSX test server Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:23 am
    ----
Thanks Kit,
I purchased FSX Acceleration and installed it with no problems. I use Windows XP. I just installed the new FSHost Client and was able to hook up to Com-Central server with no problems at all. After a little local flying in a Mooney I signed out. Look forward to seeing some group flying and racing.

#6: Re: FSX test server Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:30 am
    ----
OOps! I thought it was hosted by FSX on Gamespy....I'll try it....

#7: Re: FSX test server Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:14 pm
    ----
Hey Lazyeight,

Thanks for logging on and having a fly, well that proves it works on FSHost OK.

It works on GameSpy as there has been up to 13 people on at one time today Smile
Must be working OK as they stayed quite a while.

Thanks again for the test.

Did you experience any problems, stutters etc?

Kit.

#8: Re: FSX test server Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:52 pm
    ----
Kit,
I just tried to hook up with GameSpy and could not. It may be that the Acceleration and SP2 will not let us join. I wonder if those 13 people who hooked up have installed the FSX Acceleration.
When I was hooked up with FSHost it ran smoothly but I did not fly too long and I was by myself. I will fly some more with it today and let you know.

#9: Re: FSX test server Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:54 pm
    ----
hooked up with the server, still on sp1, no problems, alltough was on me own there.

fled
Cool

#10: Re: FSX test server Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:29 pm
    ----
Fled,
I just was on it with FSHost. Chatted with Kit who said he was having problems with the router but was working on it. He said I could not connect with GameSpy since I had SP2. Somebody else checked in while I was flying and I got a chat message from them but they did not show in the players window.

#11: Re: FSX test server Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:07 pm
    ----
The problem I'm having...Like so many before me... Mr. Green

people can connect via Gamespy with a stock install OK and they show up in the game.

People connecting via FSHost will connect but I can't see them in the game, including myself, if I connect to the game via LAN, I show up, but via FSHostClient I and others through this route don't show in the game.

Got to be a router issue but I'm scratching my head at the moment.

Aha, maybe if I disconnect from gamespy...Hmmm...

More testing...When I can get the folks off it...lol

#12: Re: FSX test server Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:24 pm
    ----
I connected via FSHost client v1.1, I don't have a GameSpy account

#13: Re: FSX test server Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:05 pm
    ----
Couldn't connect with SP2 through Gamespy (expected)

Also couldn't connect through FSHost 1.1 at 6:00PM EST (server taken down for the night?)

Did connect to other servers.

#14: Re: FSX test server Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:48 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Also couldn't connect through FSHost 1.1 at 6:00PM EST (server taken down for the night?)

If it was still listed in FSHostSpy then it was still up.

It's been up and down a few times tonight. Sad

#15: Re: FSX test server Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:30 pm
    ----
DOH, DOH, DOH, DOH, DOH, DOH,

Sorted...

The bit about connecting the FSX server to FSHost must have gone comletely over my head.

-> FSX