New Canadian AFV photos on Combat Camera
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: New Canadian AFV photos on Combat Camera Author: J.McGillivray PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:27 pm
    ----
New Canadian AFV photos on Combat Camera

www.combatcamera.force...mbatcamera

#2: Re: New Canadian AFV photos on Combat Camera Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:46 pm
    ----
Thanks J.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#3: Re: New Canadian AFV photos on Combat Camera Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:48 am
    ----
It is worth mentioning that the Lord Strathcona's Horse (Royal Canadians) are the designated tank regiment in the Canadian Forces. The fact that the unit transitioned mid-tour to a new type of tank is remarkable. A few years ago in a fit of efficiency, all the Leopards were collected up from Valcartier and Petawawa and sent to Wainwright and Edmonton. The other two regiments concentrated their efforts on the Coyote recce vehicle. I haven't heard what is happening with Poop Troop (the LDSH's horse cavalry demonstration troop). Any helpers?

#4: Re: New Canadian AFV photos on Combat Camera Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:49 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

- J.McGillivray

I was taking a second and longer look that those photos and noticed something.

In the top one, that is not a Leo II. Old picture? I don't think so. In the bottom picture, check out the vehicle following the Leo II though the gap in the wall. Possible the same vehicle from the top photo?

Very interesting set of Leo photos!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#5: Re: New Canadian AFV photos on Combat Camera Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:40 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
I was taking a second and longer look that those photos and noticed something.

In the top one, that is not a Leo II. Old picture? I don't think so. In the bottom picture, check out the vehicle following the Leo II though the gap in the wall. Possible the same vehicle from the top photo?

Yep,

those are C2s with the MEXAS kit, the second photo shows one as well. Only the ones with the slat armour are 2A6s- and please, no Roman numerals with our cats... Wink

Jens O.

-> AFV News Discussion Board