160 bovington tanks over here, more today 12 Nov...........>
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: 153 bovington tanks over here, more today 6 Nov......... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:34 pm
    ----
Hi Army Junk 2! Hi Folks!

AJ, I don't know what kind of computer system you have, but my Dell with high speed cable locked up and took over 10 minutes to down load that thread with over 150+ photos.

You are putting WAY to many pictures in a single POST.
It is great that you have taken them and have gone through all the trouble to post them, but the LARGER you make a single post, the fewer people are going to be able to enjoy them.

The problem that came up here at AFV News/Com-Central is NOT over the number of photos posted.
It was WITH the number of photos IN A SINGLE POST.

Thank you for taking all the trouble to do what you have done.
My
Roy,
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#17: Re: 153 bovington tanks over here, more today 6 Nov...........> Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:42 pm
    ----
Roy maybe I could break them into bunches of 25, U think that would help? 10 pics per posts is really a lot of posts, you guys tell what you want and I will try to do it, the whole point is to share the pics with as many people as possible, wide open for ideas......I think I can break it into smaller post pretty easy. will that work?

#18: Re: 153 bovington tanks over here, more today 6 Nov...........> Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:33 pm
    ----
lets see if this works, Roy what do think???? click on for photo for bigger pic, some input on this please............

deleted

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

#19: Re: 153 bovington tanks over here, more today 6 Nov...........> Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:16 pm
    ----
Hi Army Junk 2! Hi Folks!

- armyjunk2

lets see if this works, Roy what do think???? click on for photo for bigger pic, some input on this please............

I had NO PROBLEMs with that download! I don't know, but I would think that way would also help the dial up folks to also see your photos and enlarge those they wish to see in greater detail.

We need some feed back from someone who is on dial up as to the number of photos that is OK for a single post.

Anyway, it works for me, THANK YOU!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#20: Re: 153 bovington tanks over here, more today 6 Nov......... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:13 pm
    ----
AJ,
Got your PM...we'll have to await feedback from Fled since he's Admin...Bob and I are just Mod's on this forum and don't run the site (or pay the bills*) and can't make this call. It does seem to be an interesting compromise option, but we'll have to see what others (and da' Big Boss) sez.

D.

(*Well, I ponied up some bucks, but I figger it paid for about a week of C-C airtime. Rolling Eyes )

#21: Re: 153 bovington tanks over here, more today 6 Nov...........> Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:14 pm
    ----
good deal lets see what he says.......

#22: Re: 153 bovington tanks over here, more today 6 Nov......... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:19 am
    ----
ok the photos are posted at the Warbirds site, small thumbnails that we can click on for larger pictures...50 or os more to post. I think the link should work

bovington tanks

about fifty more to post, does this work for everyone?

#23: Re: 160 bovington tanks over here, more today 12 Nov........ Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:09 pm
    ----
another 25 of outside things today......

#24: Re: 160 bovington tanks over here, more today 12 Nov........ Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:12 am
    ----
why not try putting them on photobucket or webshots [free up to 500 photos ]then putting a link on forum.
they really do take a long time to view on dialup.
nice photos but the "armyjunk" through the middle of the photo is a bit off putting
dennis

#25: Re: 160 bovington tanks over here, more today 12 Nov........ Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:23 pm
    ----
Would Photobucket work better?? I open for ideas, Do the thumbnails at the Warbird site work ok?? I'm not sure if I know of a way to post that many Pics, what I am trying to do is show everything I see not just the usual Tiger, Panther, ect. I'm wide open for ideas......it seems a shame to have photographs and not share them, I have 10,000 of the airplane photographs that I am posting at Warbirds, I know some people can't open them, but I hate not to post them for the people that can open them....
I always think photographs in a file cabinet are useless, they need to be shared.....

#26: Re: 160 bovington tanks over here, more today 12 Nov........ Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:06 pm
    ----
On webshots I can store 22,000 photos for around $27 per year in a little over 2years I have had about 2,000,000 hits

dennis

#27: Re: 160 bovington tanks over here, more today 12 Nov...........> Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:55 am
    ----
Lets see how this works, which works the best, the photobucket site or the Warbirds, lets have some input guys. thanks

click on these

Tanks at photobucket

tanks at Warbirds site

#28: Re: 160 bovington tanks over here, more today 12 Nov...........> Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:05 am
    ----
- armyjunk2
Lets see how this works, which works the best, the photobucket site or the Warbirds, lets have some input guys. thanks

click on these

Tanks at photobucket

tanks at Warbirds site

Photobucket gets my vote....

Don

#29: Re: 160 bovington tanks over here, more today 12 Nov...........> Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:13 am
    ----
don, i think i will see you the 17th

#30: Re: 160 bovington tanks over here, more today 12 Nov...........> Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:58 am
    ----
Hi AJ 2! Hi Folks!

- armyjunk2

I agree with Don, Photobucket get's my vote also. It loaded faster that the other site did.

Sgt, Scouts out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board