Online References
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Online References Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:49 am
    ----
Found this while Surfing around. A good reference for those interested...

MOUNTED COMBAT IN VIETNAM

Don

#2: Re: Online References Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:24 pm
    ----
Don,

This is essentially the on-line version of the formerly printed "Armored Combat in Vietnam" (Bobbs-Merrill Publishing, hardcover) by Starry of which I have a couple of copies now made available by the CMH and for free. It' lacks for nothing found in the original, right down to the unit commanders in the appendix.

D.

#3: Re: Online References Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:51 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Don,

This is essentially the on-line version of the formerly printed "Armored Combat in Vietnam" (Bobbs-Merrill Publishing, hardcover) by Starry of which I have a couple of copies now made available by the CMH and for free. It' lacks for nothing found in the original, right down to the unit commanders in the appendix.

D.

I read that book in high school! Loved it! I think I still have it too.

#4: Re: Online References Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:50 pm
    ----
- toadmanstankpictures
- Doug_Kibbey
Don,

D.

Thanks, Chris...now I feel really old. Razz

It looks classier without the cover flap.

#5: Re: Online References Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:05 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- toadmanstankpictures

Well gee Doug,....I was graduating HIGH SCHOOL when this was first printed ( 1978-CMH Pub 90-17 )......

Soooooo, perhaps that means you are old!!! Shocked Mr. Green

#6: Re: Online References Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:27 am
    ----
- Dontos
- Doug_Kibbey
- toadmanstankpictures

Well gee Doug,....I was graduating HIGH SCHOOL when this was first printed ( 1978-CMH Pub 90-17 )......

Soooooo, perhaps that means you are old!!! Shocked Mr. Green

HMMMM....that's weird. My printed copy says "1980 by Arno Press"...but let's not quibble, your ban goes into effect immediately. Mr. Green

Razz

-> AFV News Discussion Board