CFS1 and Vista
-> CFS1

#1: CFS1 and Vista Author: WolfeLocation: Away Down South in Dixie, USA PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:31 pm
    ----
I may soon have some info for those of you with Vista that want to fly this or CFS2 ....one of our squad was in last night in a bombrun, flew the whole misson, his OS is Vista. Trying to get the info from him on how he accomplished this and once I do it will be posted here. I will send a special email to a certain rodent, maybe cut down on his "excuses" as to why he can't fly...

_45th_RAdml_Wolfe Mr. Green

#2: Re: CFS1 and Vista Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:51 am
    ----
WOW ! Rear Admiral, wondering as to who's managing the front ?? Laughing Wink

and it would be good if that tree rat has no more excuses Laughing rotflmao Laughing

#3: Re: CFS1 and Vista Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:16 am
    ----
Cheers for continuing to try and find a solution for me.
Technically, I've no excuses already as I've spoken to others who can not only run CFS1 in Vista, but also have their FFB2's running in it.
I can run CFS1 fine and have even had my j/s running in it, but not properly.

Vista, being the little love that it is, will not install any of the j/s drivers or configuration software that comes with the FFB2.
Without them I can't set any macro's up so I only have default controls on the j/s.
I haven't used those since 2001!
For me, it's the equivalent of fling by keyboard.

I have set my control surfaces to run from buttons on the FFB2, and also have 'set-up macros' which run as soon as I enter a new room to configure my aircraft for the rest of that game.

Although some have got round this issue already I have tried all the different solutions I've heard of so far but I, and a few others, still can't get up and running as we used to.

Wish I could; I have one of those animal tooth necklaces which could use a couple more canines to finish it off.

===

On a slightly different note; I have also been having a problem with some of my audio hardware and someone has suggested a novel approach to solving it. A by-product of which might also cure my j/s problem. No guarantees but I think both issues may be related and fixing one may also fix the other. Might also allow me to use my headset again too.

#4: Re: CFS1 and Vista Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:29 am
    ----
- Shades
Wish I could; I have one of those animal tooth necklaces which could use a couple more canines to finish it off.

LMAO...
Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

#5: Re: CFS1 and Vista Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:10 am
    ----
Wink

#6: Re: CFS1 and Vista Author: WolfeLocation: Away Down South in Dixie, USA PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:00 pm
    ----
1) Fled, I manage the front with 50 cals; 2) the guy did mention that he was using a saitek aviator stick and had a problem getting the drivers to load but he worked through it somehow. 3) come get them canines anytime you wanna skwirrel, but you better keep an eye on your tail, they look good on me hat and I would SO enjoy shooting your a...tail off... Twisted Evil

Wolfe Mr. Green

#7: Re: CFS1 and Vista Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:05 am
    ----
*snicker*

Cool

-> CFS1