Flying Banana
-> EURO Squadron!

#1: Flying Banana Author: Flying_Banana PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:13 pm
    ----
Hi,

I was a member of EURO back when CFS1 was the weapon of choice. Im not sure if anyone here will recognize me but I have noticed a few names like Will, Heywhat, Mgaz, and of course the CO. My call sign was EURO_FB1 (for flying banana lol)

I was just thinking of the squadron today and wondering if you guys were still out there flying somewhere. I had a blast flying CFS1. I was only 14 at the time. Thinking back, I was probably more of a burden than a useful member of the team but you let me participate anyway. Thank you for letting me be a part of such a nice thing. I have so many fond memories of Ark landings, scalps, and having my death toll triple my kills in most games ; )

I lost touch with the squadron after newer games started coming out that my computer just couldn't handle. The dinosaur could barely even run CFS. I think of all the hours I spent on that Compaq Presario and my dial up connection. When I first started EURO I was flying with a mouse! That all seems like such a long time ago. I am 22 now and am graduating with a mechanical engineering degree from Iowa State in may. I live in Stockholm Sweden at the moment, taking some courses at KTH and trying to experience the world outside the box of the United States.

Is the squadron still active? I have been searching and searching google for some kind of life. I came across some old websites, a gazette, and this message board with some posts made just a few days ago. What game do you play now? I played a little IL2 but didn't have the time for any serious online play. My hardware is much more sophisticated now and I hope that someday I will find the time to be a part of your group again.

Thanks for all the great times!

~S~

#2: Re: Flying Banana Author: EURO_Bruiser PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:19 am
    ----
Hey Mark long time no see . Nice to here from you. there are a few of us still flying FB Forgotten Battles.

#3: Re: Flying Banana Author: EURO_EXOWill PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:04 am
    ----
Hi Mark...what a pleasure it is to hear from you again. If I remember right, you were living with your Grandma or Aunt or some kin lol. You sent me a picture via the postal service so I could scan it and send to CO for your profile if I remember right :).....You were not the greatest flyer back then but the mouse thing explains alot lol. We were using top notch gear in those days and you never complained at all. That kind of spirit is what made EURO great....people like you Smile

EXOWill

#4: Re: Flying Banana Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:55 am
    ----
Oooo Goodie!
That means EURO still has a registered 'Futtle' on duty (FtL was your last rank according to Personnel records).
I joined after your time, but nice to see old EURO's keeping in touch.
Your hook is still kept clean in the Mess Hall cloakroom (Swedish Section).

#5: Re: Flying Banana Author: EURO_ACBrit1 PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:53 pm
    ----
Hey Mark!

Thanks for stopping by and saying "Hi".

I would like to echo Wills' remarks and concur that you were definitely an asset to the Group - still are!

It's good to hear you've been getting some Education and doing well.

Hope to see you around soon.

Best Regards

ACB1

#6: Re: Flying Banana Author: EURO_Viking PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:01 pm
    ----
Hi Mark.
I've seen your callsign in the old issues of the Gazette. Good to hear from you!
I don't fly much online anymore but if you wanna go have a beer and talk ol' EURO times I live 300m from KTH.
Brgds

Johan

#7: Re: Flying Banana Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:35 pm
    ----
- EURO_Viking
I live 300m from KTH.
And has his own drip-feed subscription.

#8: Re: Flying Banana Author: Flying_Banana PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:43 am
    ----
haha Will, I remember that. I didnt have a picture of myself at the time so I sent the CO a picture of my friend instead. I eventually felt guilty about it and fessed up.

I thought we had some Swedish members here Viking. It would be fun to reminisce old EURO times over some öl.

skål

#9: Re: Flying Banana Author: EURO_Heywhat PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:53 am
    ----
Hey Mark

Your all grown up now and prob use a razor instead of just leaving your cockpit open when you needed a shave and letting the back draft blown the hair off of your face.

Seriously though you was young the last time we heard from you but very advanced in your attitude and manners for your age.

Good to hear from you after so long like shades said the hook is still there in the mess room and you have just prooved that good EURO's are always thinking of the team even if they can't be around in person.

I salute you

~S~

-> EURO Squadron!