Iraqi insurgent kidnapping of G.I.!!!
-> Officer's Club

#1: Iraqi insurgent kidnapping of G.I.!!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:33 pm
    ----
...or, maybe not. Laughing

'Dis be so wack!

By Sally Buzbee, Associated Press

February 1, 2005 Posted: 3:35 PM EST (2035 GMT)

Baghdad (AP)-- Speculation has arisen among certain military officials that a special forces action-figure doll initially believed to have been taken hostage in Iraq might actually have faked his own capture. Unnamed sources have revealed that "Joe Adams", actually a Dragon Models USA Inc. "Cody" action figure, was last seen in a display case in the comissary of Camp Doha, a U.S. base in Kuwait. Friends of Cody report he had recently been upset at the attention being given to the newly arrived G.I. Joe Navy SEAL Take-Down Team doll. "Joe felt the new guy didn't deserve all the attention-- hadn't proven himself yet. Then when Take-Down Joe took Cody's prized spot in the display next to Malibu Barbie, well, he just went ballistic." Another action-figure who refused to give his name confirmed this account, stating simply, "It wasn't pretty."

Army officials refused to go on record, but are believed to be investigating the possibility that the purported hostage-taking was an attention seeking ploy that grew out of jealousy of the relationship between Take-Down Team Joe and his buxom neighbor. "It wouldn't be the first time," sighed a high ranking official.

Claims of GI Hostage in Iraq Raises Doubt

8 minutes ago

BAGHDAD, Iraq - A Web site posted a photograph of what it claimed was a kidnapped U.S. soldier, but doubts were quickly raised about its authenticity and the U.S. military said no soldiers were missing.

An American toy manufacturer said the figure in the photo resembled one of its military action figures, originally produced for sale at U.S. bases in Kuwait.

The statement appeared on a Web site where militants' statements are often posted and was in the name of a group that has claimed previous kidnappings, the Mujahedeen Brigades.

The Arabic text, however, contained several misspellings and repetitions.

Staff Sgt. Nick Minecci, a U.S. military spokesman in Baghdad, said "no units have reported anyone missing."

The photo in the posting showed a figure dressed in desert fatigues, wearing a vest and knee pads and with a gun pointed to its head. All the items are similar to ones that come in a box with the action figure, named "Cody."

The figure in the photo has its arms behind its body, as if tied, and is leaned against a concrete surface. Hanging on the wall is a black piece of cloth with the Islamic profession of faith written on it in white letters.

#2: Re: Iraqi insurgent kidnapping of G.I.!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:15 pm
    ----
No scheiss!!!!

Man i seriously didn't know how to take this at first...then read down...ummmm is this for real??

Guess so!!
www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD...index.html

That's frikkin' PATHETICALLY STUPID!!!!

..but glad as hell it's a toy!!!

#3: Re: Iraqi insurgent kidnapping of G.I.!!! Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:36 pm
    ----
Thats a weird story for sure. Makes you wander what the heck they are thinking.

#4: Re: Iraqi insurgent kidnapping of G.I.!!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:57 pm
    ----
- CrashEd
Thats a weird story for sure. Makes you wander what the heck they are thinking.

I think they are thinking, "a lot of the ignorant masses will believe this stuff" and they are probably right.

Nope...nuthin' fishy there! Laughing

#5: Re: Iraqi insurgent kidnapping of G.I.!!! Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:20 pm
    ----
Yep i guess thats right. I just hope that voting over there brings good things and brings are boys home real soon.

#6: Re: Iraqi insurgent kidnapping of G.I.!!! Author: SpostaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:07 am
    ----
This looks like a Job for Buzz Lightyear. Confused

#7: Re: Iraqi insurgent kidnapping of G.I.!!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:32 pm
    ----
"The picture is real. The story is unimpeachable." - Dan Rather

Laughing

#8: Re: Iraqi insurgent kidnapping of G.I.!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:35 pm
    ----
I'm still waiting for the video where they tie little puppet strings to it and make it move around......

#9: Re: Iraqi insurgent kidnapping of G.I.!!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:44 pm
    ----
One option I'm seriously starting to consider is whether this was the result of a first-class psyops hack job to bring ridicule on the website where it appeared. If so, I've finally heard of a hacker I like....

#10: Re: Iraqi insurgent kidnapping of G.I.!!! Author: RAF92_STALLIONLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:06 pm
    ----
Was that on the Today show?

#11: Re: Iraqi insurgent kidnapping of G.I.!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:06 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
One option I'm seriously starting to consider is whether this was the result of a first-class psyops hack job to bring ridicule on the website where it appeared. If so, I've finally heard of a hacker I like....

LMAO...Indeed, and one helluva concept!!!

-> Officer's Club