Two different kinds of thieves
-> FS2004

#1: Two different kinds of thieves Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:40 am
    ----
Just read this at SOH; it is titled "FREEWARE sold on ebay!", but there's also payware re-sold with codes:
-> www.cfcforums.com/show...hp?t=17067

which points at this:
-> cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay...3&rd=1
-> cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay...3&rd=1

I already wrote to Milton Shupe and Barry Blaisdell to warn them, case they aren't aware; if you recognize any other designer's job amongst those enlisted there, please do the same. For what I learnt through the years, this is quite the kind of things that make designers to stop from working. Evil or Very Mad

Rolling Eyes
Marco

#2: Re: Two different kinds of thieves Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:16 am
    ----
Scoundrels! I hope Ebay wipes them off their sellers list!

#3: Re: Two different kinds of thieves Author: BooRayLocation: Des Moines, IA PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:39 am
    ----
I contacted the pirates directly by email through my ebay account, contacted ebay as well.

More important, I also live in Omaha NE where Ebay has a huge customer service dept. My neighbor who works there is the fraud department manager for Ebay. I called him and had him come over and take a look and he said that Ebay would be investigating these pirates ASAP since Ebay take piracy very serious. He will keep me posted.

#4: Re: Two different kinds of thieves Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:44 am
    ----
Cool

Kewl BooRay !!

I hope the eBay people will take 'm to the cleaners !!

Thankx for your actions !

fled

#5: Re: Two different kinds of thieves Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:27 pm
    ----
This kind of thing really stinks.

Noticed one of the pics on the 1st ebay link appears to be Jordan Moores Jayhawk. Pm'd him to make him aware of it, if is isn't already.

#6: Re: Two different kinds of thieves Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:40 am
    ----
That is low, very low. All that work these people put in..just ungrateful bastids.

#7: Re: Two different kinds of thieves Author: BooRayLocation: Des Moines, IA PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:50 am
    ----
Talked with my neighbor last night and he said the 2 accounts have been pulled and Ebay is investigating possible fraud and copy right infringement charges for the auctions.

Not sure where this is going to lead but I think the culprits got the message and Ebay is looking into their accounts. He mentioned also there are possible other items these 2 have sold illegally. So big trouble could be looming for them, but whos to say.

-> FS2004