See you after the Holidays, takes way too long to load now.
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: See you after the Holidays, takes way too long to load now. Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:21 am
    ----
Hate to be a humbug, but all the christmasy stuff is too much of a drag for a dail-up guy. With the decorations and whatnot, it takes about 3-4 mins for a page to load. Hope to see you all when it's gone.

#2: Re: See you after the Holidays, takes way too long to load now. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:39 am
    ----
- tanker2010
Hate to be a humbug, but all the christmasy stuff is too much of a drag for a dail-up guy. With the decorations and whatnot, it takes about 3-4 mins for a page to load. Hope to see you all when it's gone.

Tanker, have you ever used the AFV motif for your page? I use it, it has no Christmas stuff. See the sticky thread at top of page if you don't know what I'm referring to. No Christmas theme stuff there...I use it all the time, like it better anyway. Wink

www.com-central.net/in...amp;t=2624

#3: Re: See you after the Holidays, takes way too long to load n Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:23 am
    ----
I guess that's what I'm using. No Christmas at my computer. Cool

#4: Re: See you after the Holidays, takes way too long to load n Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:24 pm
    ----
Yeah, I know how you feel. I was once on dial up. It is SLOOOOOW!

Jeff

#5: Re: See you after the Holidays, takes way too long to load n Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:31 pm
    ----
Dial-up, it's soooo 90's Wink

#6: Re: See you after the Holidays, takes way too long to load n Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:22 pm
    ----
It worked for the pioneers! Razz

#7: Re: See you after the Holidays, takes way too long to load now. Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:50 pm
    ----
Doug,

better send Gary an email to let him know he can change the forum look.

Christmas? What is Christmas? Nothing on my 'puter... Mr. Green

Jens O.

#8: Re: See you after the Holidays, takes way too long to load now. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:57 pm
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner
Doug,

better send Gary an email to let him know he can change the forum look.

Christmas? What is Christmas? Nothing on my 'puter... Mr. Green

Jens O.

I don't know his email. If somebody does, please send him a message to check in on this thread.

#9: Re: See you after the Holidays, takes way too long to load n Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:23 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
I don't know his email. If somebody does, please send him a message to check in on this thread.

Roger, willco.

#10: Re: See you after the Holidays, takes way too long to load n Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:44 am
    ----
Bushy sent him one as well. Y'all have two options with this...set your defaut site view to the AFV Theme as noted above, or just bookmark and enter the site on the forums page where there is no Christmas stuff, like at this point, I believe:

www.com-central.net/in...ame=Forums

Truth be told, I generally bypass the home page anyway.

#11: Re: See you after the Holidays, takes way too long to load n Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:31 pm
    ----
I intended to compliment whoever put up the decorations, but I never did. Guess it's true that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Everyone can go back to dial-up now and stop being so foolish with money!

Scrooge

#12: Re: See you after the Holidays, takes way too long to load n Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:33 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Truth be told, I generally bypass the home page anyway.

Shocked What homepage? Aahh, I seem to faintly recall something to do with wingy thingys... Mr. Green

#13: Re: See you after the Holidays, takes way too long to load n Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:49 am
    ----
- Rikard_Hufschmied
Dial-up, it's soooo 90's Wink

Then you are more than welcome to pay for the highspeed cable to be installed and also the monthly bill.

Well I didn't change anything, but all the yule stuff is gone. Everything loads fine now. I wasn't looking forward to trying to catch up on a few weeks posts. What the heck, all is well in the dail-up pit now.

-> AFV News Discussion Board