YO! Where'd my car doors go?
-> Officer's Club

#1: YO! Where'd my car doors go? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:13 pm
    ----
This'll get their attention down a the Winn-Dixie...

www.disappearing-car-door.com/

#2: Re: YO! Where'd my car doors go? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:40 pm
    ----
Wonder if they do those for bikes.

Oh wait...

#3: Re: YO! Where'd my car doors go? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:47 pm
    ----
LOL Shades...

Being from an Automotive background, I like the idea except...

I'm also from Chicago where anytime it looks like winter weather coming, the salt trucks are putting that corrosive crap down all over the place. Without seeing the engineering "working" parts up close, I think the salt would play heck on those. A case in point would the 'under the floor pan' spare tire carriers. In Chicago, you had to watch out for the rusted floor dropping the spares on the ground...lol

Not to mention all those 'Dog and Sudz' gals lookin' for a place to 'hang' your tray...

#4: Re: YO! Where'd my car doors go? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:00 pm
    ----
I also have some concerns. I'll have to put a soda can uder my car but I'll bet I have a whole lot more clearance than that! I can see it hanging up on sped bumps in parking lots. Also I remember the first sliding van doors having problems when they got snow, ice, sand, salt and grit in the tracks and that was 1/2 way up the side of the vehicle. How much crap will it collect when the tracks are under the car. and what happens when a stone, or tree branch that you run over digs the track or gets jammed under the vehicle?

Also do the windows open or are they fixed. Could be a problem at toll booths.

I'll let someone else try it out for the first 5 years or so Smile

#5: Re: YO! Where'd my car doors go? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:44 pm
    ----
Well, those are all good points but the biggest problem is you've got nothing to SLAM real loud when you're ticked off at someone or just want to annoy the neighbors for no reason in the middle of the night! Twisted Evil

Kinda like what Jerry Seinfeld says about portable phones.....you can't slam 'em down on the cradle at the end of a heated conversation....."OH YEAH? Well you can't talk to ME like that!!!"...(pushes little button on portable phone in anger)...."Guess I showed HIM!"

#6: Re: YO! Where'd my car doors go? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:53 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Well, those are all good points but the biggest problem is you've got nothing to SLAM real loud when you're ticked off at someone or just want to annoy the neighbors for no reason in the middle of the night! Twisted Evil

Well, there's always the trunk and the hood, Stoop. And if you're just playing "wake the neighbors", if you're not getting anything out of the trunk, so much the better! (and there's always tripping your own car alarm if all else fails Wink )

-> Officer's Club