a quick maybe hard question
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: a quick maybe hard question Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:52 pm
    ----
A friend of mine is thinking about buying the King & Country Elephant, but it is listed as being in Battle of the Bulge markings and he doesn't want any "creative" markings in his collection. we know they were used in the East and Italy but neither of us can ever recall seeing any reference to any at the Bulge. Yea? or Nay? I figure if any group in the world would know it would be ours. Thanks in advance

Jeff Lewis

#2: Re: a quick maybe hard question Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:07 pm
    ----
from 1943 with 2 heavy anti-battalions on the Eastern Front, Survivors used in Italy, 1944. that comes from German tanks of World War II. Hope that helps

#3: Re: a quick maybe hard question Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:12 pm
    ----
Without solid documented proof I would have a hard time believeing that they were used at the Bulge. I don't think I have seen any claims that they were used anywhere in Northwest Europe. As AJ2 said all claims I have seen have been for Eastern front and Italy. Aberdeen's Elefant was captured in Italy.

#4: Re: a quick maybe hard question Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:13 pm
    ----
Nope. No Elefants were used in the Ardennes Offensive.

-> AFV News Discussion Board