Hey I made a...a....ahh,.....a THING!
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Hey I made a...a....ahh,.....a THING! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:26 pm
    ----
And I didn't even realize I done it!

Well hey, long story short is I've been digging into the SDK tools that come with FSX Deluxe and bangin' my head on making some scenery, just for the helluvit (and ALSO becuase the KORS Pigsty don't work for me with the Accelleration/SP2 update any longer). To make a long story short I've been using some cool scenery tools and also installed and fired up the GMAX 3D modeling gizmo.

So anyways.....in the long process of learning how to take a MDL file and convert it to a scenery object and get it into a BGL file so it can be shown in a scenery, I'd made a simple donut-thingy in GMAX and saved it just for newbie kix.....then when working on the pother object (which ain't workin' yet but I'm gettin' close) I fudged something and got the donut in the scenery (which is experimental and located on the island just west of Orcas).

Funny thing was I didn't set up my scaling in GMAX and just drew the donut (or torus if you insist). So I didn't know if it'd be 5 inches, or 50 feet, or whatever. So when I saw it from ground level I'm like, AWW man, it didn't work, I got some bogus garbage!

Only when I lifted off to check it out did it become familiar.......anyone mind if I dunk???

#2: Re: Hey I made a...a....ahh,.....a THING! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:36 am
    ----
Great stuff Sir !! Cool

Still need to get my head bended to get around with that stuff, so much to do so little time Crying or Very sad

#3: Re: Hey I made a...a....ahh,.....a THING! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:40 am
    ----
good gosh! Shocked

#4: Re: Hey I made a...a....ahh,.....a THING! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:25 pm
    ----
It needs "sprinkles". Wink

#5: Re: Hey I made a...a....ahh,.....a THING! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:12 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
It needs "sprinkles". Wink

It's true! But I can't make my mind up if they should be over Chocolate or the traditional Homer-Simpson pink frosting!

Plenty of time to think about it while I learn how to map textures, which is one of the next steps...

And to be honest I really didn't know what I did right to make it work so the next challenge was to figure that out.....after going through umpteen tutorials and getting lost, I decided to just kick back and have fun and play, and re-read the SDK docs.

And the end result, even though it only uses simple shapes and is admittedly quite crude (hey it's only been a day or two) is something I like to call.....

ROBOPIG!!!!

Although I did use some of the tools to modify some elements and am actually pretty proud of the curly tail I gave him.....and while I was back there I made sure that he was "armed and dangerous" so to speak...so STAY BACK!!! Laughing

I also gotta figure out the thigns called LOD (Level Of Detail) segments so he shows up at lesser detail from far away.....on approach to my little "experimental island" he don't show up at all.....

...but then as you roll down the runway, bang, he pops up....

Feels good to have at least an ersatz pig around if nothing else...feels almost like home again!

#6: Re: Hey I made a...a....ahh,.....a THING! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:09 pm
    ----
OK, my internet connection has been flaky as all get-out for the last 4 or 5 days (sorry I've been somewat absent) but on the good side, it's surprising what you can get done when restricted to your own devices.

And to atone for my crudeness in the above bogus-pig rendering (I still think that he'd make a good booby-trap device for any would-be beer thieves that come sneakin' in under the wire to the Sty at night, if the body could be pressurized with Methane and the 'exhaust' rigged an igniter attached to a tripwire, )...so anyway here is a somewhat more 'proper' possible FSX Wild Sau complete with tusks....still workin' away and lots to learn yet (and think I'm gettin' hooked on this GMAX stuff the second time around in tryin')....

#7: Re: Hey I made a...a....ahh,.....a THING! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:58 am
    ----
Being as he's a "Wild Sau", I think he should have an impressive "Johnson". Wink

#8: Re: Hey I made a...a....ahh,.....a THING! Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:52 pm
    ----
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being as he's a "Wild Sau", I think he should have an impressive "Johnson". I would like to second that motion!

#9: Re: Hey I made a...a....ahh,.....a THING! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:03 pm
    ----
Laughing

Stoopy will have a helluva time modelling that coily Johnson

Laughing

p.s Stoop great job mate !!

#10: Re: Hey I made a...a....ahh,.....a THING! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:28 pm
    ----
Thanks Fled! It's FUN (at least, still is, for now!)

As to the missing 'equipment', huevos, etc.........well I'd be lyin' if I said that while lining up a few vertices while rotating and zooming around at different angles, I haven't entertained the thought of making both male and female gender-specific versions..... but bein' as this is the public forum I didn't want to do any more damage than I've already done (a slim possibility, I know)

Buuut.....since it's possible to manipulate one or more models into "posable" positions, and there's apparently some interest, I wouldn't object to creating any number of enticing possibilities (in our private forum, of course) with "Momma and Pappa Sau"...being the wild and natural creatures that they are, it just makes good wholesome sense and a few interesting poses already spring to mind... matter o'fact it could open up a whole new chapter in the "Kama Sautra" Laughing

#11: Re: Hey I made a...a....ahh,.....a THING! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:37 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
... matter o'fact it could open up a whole new chapter in the "Kama Sautra" Laughing

Laughing rotflmao Laughing

#12: Re: Hey I made a...a....ahh,.....a THING! Author: Freiherr_KieferLocation: Washington sectional PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:09 pm
    ----
just as a thought, Your original "Torus" looks like just the thing for when Godzilla has hemorrhoids Laughing

Der Baron

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum