AAF Tank Museum #3 - PzKpfw IV, M60A2, Sexton
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: AAF Tank Museum #3 - PzKpfw IV, M60A2, Sexton Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:13 pm
    ----
I suppose that this tank is already in Syrian colors.. since it doesn't seems to have been repainted since the 60s-70s .. or am I wrong? However, I don't know why it doesn't have any national or division markings. Are they supposed to have some?

Pierre-Olivier

#17: Re: AAF Tank Museum #3 - PzKpfw IV, M60A2, Sexton Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:14 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
I suppose that this tank is already in Syrian colors.. since it doesn't seems to have been repainted since the 60s-70s .. or am I wrong? However, I don't know why it doesn't have any national or division markings. Are they supposed to have some?

Pierre-Olivier

Could very well be, depends on which of the ex-Latrun vehicles it is, they had green ones as well as repainted ones- almost looks a bit like they removed some sand-coloured paint to get at the green one. Original Syrian markings would at least be a serial/registration number, but during their career they also carried various tactical markings and Arabic slogans at different times.

As regards the pixie suit, you were right, I cannot find any other camo pattern besides lizard in Portuguese use- but I still do not think it is a British issue pixie, I am missing a few details... Where is Ossie when you need him? Wink

Jens O.

#18: Re: AAF Tank Museum #3 - PzKpfw IV, M60A2, Sexton Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:57 pm
    ----
Well, you could have a look there :

http://www.canadiansoldiers.com/mediawiki-1.5.5/index.php?title=Crew_Suit

"this garment was issued beginning in Jul 1943, designed specifically for AFV crewmen, and was eventually produced in both light tan (khaki) and in camouflage material"

and there :

http://www.10dragoons.wwiipolishlhg.org/about7.html

"Winter Tanker Suit
This is an example of a Dragoon driver standing beside a White M3A1 halftrack attempting to get his bearings. The camouflage suit was an adaptation of the "Oversuit, tank crews" which came into widespread use first in 1943. The original colour was tan and was widely known as the "Pixie suit." After receiving feedback from the troops in the field the British designed and produced the cammo pattern in late '44. It saw limited use during the last hundred days of the war. "

#19: Re: AAF Tank Museum #3 - PzKpfw IV, M60A2, Sexton Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:36 pm
    ----
what color is that Mk IV exactly? a gray or o.d. green?
thought it had been painted in a desert color at latrun? there is alot missing and alot added to the Mk
i would like to see it in person, that would be nice...

-> AFV News Discussion Board