More WWI era artillery for Armyjunk2
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: More WWI era artillery for Armyjunk2 Author: robertkru PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:08 pm
    ----
According to guns of WW1 I can counter with Museum of Military History in Vienna. They have nice collection e.g.
www.rlm.at/cont/gal994.htm (go to the last pics, direct link does not work)
and 38cm Skoda gun at
www.modellversium.de/g...ilder.html
If you want to visit the Museum I have the perfect time:
Come to our modelling show "Go Modelling" at march , 8/9th ; 2009 to Vienna!! Laughing
Regards from Vienna
Robert

#17: Re: More WWI era artillery for Armyjunk2 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:38 pm
    ----
Robert nice stuff, I would like to get there sometime in the future. I really like Archduke Ferdinand's automobile, history right in front of you.

#18: Re: More WWI era artillery for Armyjunk2 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:56 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
Robert nice stuff, I would like to get there sometime in the future. I really like Archduke Ferdinand's automobile, history right in front of you.

My family and I, visited Vienna numerous times in the 70's. I have seen the limo up close & personal along with the clothing of the Archduke & his wife. It really made quite an impression on me.

Many years later (1999), When I found out that my unit was to serve a tour in Bosnia as part of SFOR, I immediately had two images in my mind. The Olympic Communitions tower being constantly fought over, with direct fire impacts,.....and....The Street in front of the State Opera House and the photos of the Assassination, along with the blood stained clothing displayed in Vienna.

I had the chance to see both with a day trip to Sarajevo.

I fondly remember Vienna for the excellent museum, The Prader on the Danube, SchonBrun, and the Hotel Sacher with the famous Sacher torte...

Don

#19: Re: More WWI era artillery for Armyjunk2 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:01 pm
    ----
Don lucky you

#20: Re: More WWI era artillery for Armyjunk2 Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:42 pm
    ----

Source: www.greatwardifferent.com/

#21: Re: More WWI era artillery for Armyjunk2 Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:35 am
    ----
Pictures off the collection from Brasschaat, Belgium :
flickr.com/photos/2397...183556124/

#22: Re: AAF Tank Museum & Saumur - WWI era artillery for Armyjunk2 Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:28 pm
    ----
Sorry, I've been off the forum for a while and I'm currently catching up on posts. However, I've not been idle - I've made a completely new website to replace the old one at Armour Archive which was really showing its age.

- Neil_Baumgardner
Oops, my mistake! I meant Trevor Larkum's Preserved Japanese Tanks pdf - which you can download from his Armour Archive site:
www.armourarchive.co.uk/pjt.htm - although I am somewhat surprised to find no Japanese tanks listed in the Philippines.

Neil

Preserved Japanese Tanks is not one of the titles I've so far added to the new Armour Archive site, but I will aim to put it back up as soon as possible. Meanwhile I can email a copy if it's needed.

#23: Re: More WWI era artillery for Armyjunk2 Author: lovett155Location: Falls Church/Washington DC PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:58 pm
    ----
Tichenor,

Very interesting photographs. What are the St. Chamond pieces?

Also, the limber fitted to the German 7,7cm lFK "96 n/A is not the German Limber. It appears to be French. Do you know what type?

Where are these artillery pieces?

Ralph Lovett

www.lovettartillery.com

#24: Re: More WWI era artillery for Armyjunk2 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:49 pm
    ----
Oops, my mistake! I meant Trevor Larkum's Preserved Japanese Tanks pdf - which you can download from his Armour Archive site:
www.armourarchive.co.uk/pjt.htm - although I am somewhat surprised to find no Japanese tanks listed in the Philippines.

Neil

i saw japanese tanks in the philippines and guam

#25: Re: More WWI era artillery for Armyjunk2 Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:55 pm
    ----
What are the St. Chamond pieces

Picture nr23 is the complete vieuw of the st.Chamond build piece, it 's an mountain artillery piece build for el salvador.
Also, the limber fitted to the German 7,7cm lFK "96 n/A is not the German Limber. It appears to be French. Do you know what type?

I haven't got a clue (not my field off expertice)but will ask around.

All the pieces are at the museum of the artillerieschool in Brasschaat, Belgium

-> AFV News Discussion Board