Some pics of the restored Panther at CWM Ottawa
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Some pics of the restored Panther at CWM Ottawa Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:12 pm
    ----
Go there :
http://www.mapleleafup.org/forums/showthread.php?s=5642535edc7593a80f072d790f0bff07&threadid=9628&perpage=30&highlight=ottawa&pagenumber=2

Pierre-Olivier

Last edited by the_shadock on Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Some pics of the restored Panther at CWM Ottawa Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:43 pm
    ----
Pierre-Olivier
the link doesn't seems to work.
found an other URL about the Panther: bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/cw...hicles.htm

#3: Re: Some pics of the restored Panther at CWM Ottawa Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:38 pm
    ----
Anyway here are the pics :

#4: Re: Some pics of the restored Panther at CWM Ottawa Author: WimD.Location: The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:45 pm
    ----
Hello,

Maybe someone has inside pictures?

Regards,
Wim

#5: Re: Some pics of the restored Panther at CWM Ottawa Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:11 pm
    ----
Hmmm. Didn't think they used zimm on the fenders and the storage boxes on the rear. Rolling Eyes

#6: Re: Some pics of the restored Panther at CWM Ottawa Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:20 am
    ----
Looking good. Hope they can manage making it a runner.

#7: Re: Some pics of the restored Panther at CWM Ottawa Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:20 pm
    ----
Jeff.
they did coat the fenders and stowage boxs with zimmerit
Dennis

#8: Re: Some pics of the restored Panther at CWM Ottawa Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:51 pm
    ----
Thanks for the pictures Dennis. Learned something new today!

I guess it wasn't all too common then because all of the pics I've seen either wasn't applied or clear enough in the photo.

#9: Re: Some pics of the restored Panther at CWM Ottawa Author: Tootall PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:13 pm
    ----
It was in relatively good shape to begin with. When the transmission was taken out, the oil was still clear, the steering levers and turret controls were in pretty good shape and a good deal of the rust was surface only.

Unfortunately, making it a runner would cost an awful lot of money and time. The engine would require a complete overhaul as well as all of the electrical, transmission, suspension, fuel system and fuel tanks, etc, etc. Essentially a complete strip down and overhaul, like the Tiger at Bovington. One of the torsion bars was broken and would have to be replaced as well. Plus the axles from the steering differential on the transmission to the final drive had been cut years ago with a welding torch.

It was restored inside and out to the greatest extent possible, while at the same time retaining as much of the original interior paint as possible.

#10: Re: Some pics of the restored Panther at CWM Ottawa Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:20 pm
    ----
Tootall,

do you know if there is any plan to preserve in better conditions the rare Flakpanzer IV Wirbelwind from Borden too?

Pierre-Olivier

Last edited by the_shadock on Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

#11: Re: Some pics of the restored Panther at CWM Ottawa Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:20 pm
    ----
no message

Last edited by the_shadock on Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

#12: Re: Some pics of the restored Panther at CWM Ottawa Author: Tootall PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:30 pm
    ----
It is still in Borden and I have no idea what their plans are for it.

#13: Re: Some pics of the restored Panther at CWM Ottawa Author: WimD.Location: The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:41 pm
    ----
- WimD.
Hello,

Maybe someone has inside pictures?

Regards,
Wim

Nobody????????????

#14: Re: Some pics of the restored Panther at CWM Ottawa Author: BruceClark PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:52 pm
    ----
Did you not get my email?

Drop me a line at:
wbruceclark @ hotmail.com

Cheers!
Bruce

#15: Re: Some pics of the restored Panther at CWM Ottawa Author: WimD.Location: The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:47 pm
    ----
- BruceClark
Did you not get my email?

Drop me a line at:
wbruceclark @ hotmail.com

Cheers!
Bruce

Hello Bruce,

I have sent you an e-mail (to hotmail) and I have sent two PM’s but did not get any answer. (If you did not get the PM’s there must be a problem at the AFV forum !!)

I would be happy to get some inside pictures.

Regards,
Wim.

-> AFV News Discussion Board