Shades, Quit it, Willya!!??!!
-> Officer's Club

#1: Shades, Quit it, Willya!!??!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:32 pm
    ----
Gol-Darn it to heck, Shades!!!!!!!

For the past coupla weeks we got you or one of your Squirrel friends that's been EATING (or at least, CHEWING) on the aluminum sill of our sliding glass door that goes out to our deck!

What gives?!!! You're not only causin' damage to my propity but you've got my wifey now putting out dishes of mixed nuts in the shell (almonds, walnuts, you name it) tryin' to get it to stop! And I saw her first!!!

I know it gets cold outside when you don't have a nice warm mud-pit to lay around in but I ain't interestin' in feedin' you'se guys!

Be advised that my attorney, Mr. Mk108 30MM from the law offices of Rheinmetall, FockeWulfe & Messerschmitt, says I have grounds to shoot....err...sue.....and that "the damages will be significant". So quitit already!!

Seriously, what gives with this???

Smile

#2: Re: Shades, Quit it, Willya!!??!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:52 pm
    ----
You can do what I did and invest in a pellet rifle. Twisted Evil

#3: Re: Shades, Quit it, Willya!!??!! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:36 am
    ----
lolz

Mrs Stoopy has the right idea for disuading skwirrell activity.
Distract 'em with nutz!
(I saw all the wimmin first - it's the law)

I shall have a word with your local redskwirrell chapter chaplain and ask them to keep an eye on the greys behaviour for you (reds would never do such a thing).

#4: Re: Shades, Quit it, Willya!!??!! Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:34 pm
    ----
Looks to me like they just needed a little minerals in their diet. Laughing A little hot sauce painted on the metal would disuade the critter from nibbling on the metal. It worked on our cat that as a kitten liked to chew on electric cords. We used a couple cotton swabs dipped in the sauce and painted on the cords to put the stop on his chewing. We used Louisiana hot sauce, but any good sauce like Tabasco Sauce, should work. I don't know what kind of hot sauces that are available in Europe for those over there that have a problem. It doesn't have to be painted on to thick either.

#5: Re: Shades, Quit it, Willya!!??!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:17 pm
    ----
- RCAF_Wingnut
Looks to me like they just needed a little minerals in their diet. Laughing A little hot sauce painted on the metal would disuade the critter from nibbling on the metal.

I think you're right Wingnut, and I've got some Habanero sauce that'll teach that squirrell a lesson it won't soon forget.....deep heat that comes on nice and slow, heheh!

As to why they do it, I think the mystery may be solved according to this source of information at http://unexco.com/SQ1.html :

"And for some reason, gravid female squirrels favor chewing on metal."

"Gravid" apparently means it's a pregnant female squirrell which I guess is another way of saying that Shades saw her first...

Laughing

#6: Re: Shades, Quit it, Willya!!??!! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:25 pm
    ----
I love spicey food.
It may not work on skwirrells.

:-B

-> Officer's Club