Nav & strobe light went squared and scenery went haywire
-> FSX

#1: Nav & strobe light went squared and scenery went haywire Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:57 pm
    ----
Crying or Very sad As the title says I was cpleting a flight on Miltons wonderful dash 7 v/c noticed the panel lighting changed and then when I went outside my Nav.lights and strobes were all square halo, even the moon was a square and the scenery outside was completely crazy big triangles of black and grey covered mostly everything, that I dumped the flight.

What can cause this?
Am I running out of memory?

Last edited by berlopez on Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Nav & strobe light went squared and scenery went haywire Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:27 pm
    ----
Did you restart the computer to see if it continued?

It sounds like the vid card and/or drivers had some issues.

#3: Re: Nav & strobe light went squared and scenery went haywire Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:14 am
    ----
No Bushwacker, I didn't restart computer as I think it would have started ok. The thing is to find what caused this issue and tackling it from there.
other simmer friends tell me it's FSGLOBALX 2008 that caused this.
When I installed I still had plenty of memory left to run the software. It's the first time this happens; Maybe I changed views too much too often and that caused my G.C. to go haywire? Mad

#4: Re: Nav & strobe light went squared and scenery went haywire Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:21 am
    ----
I've seen this mentioned elsewhere lately and it sounds like it's associated with some add-on (maybe your FSGLOBALX thing) that has a bad or non-compatible texture that overwrote an original file. Don't know what though.

#5: Re: Nav & strobe light went squared and scenery went haywire Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:26 am
    ----
I'm not sure either. Land textures with FSGLOBALX are Incredible, My FPS are the same as before, I have them Locked at 20 via the .cfg file; Now would cloud textures and sky/stars and night textures demand more?

#6: Re: Nav & strobe light went squared and scenery went haywire Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:40 pm
    ----
just for informational purposes,

FSGlobalX ONLY is mesh scenery, FSGX DOES NOT add textures

#7: Re: Nav & strobe light went squared and scenery went haywire Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:50 pm
    ----
Well, must be sme other recent add-on or plane or something then. No way to tell without knowing what's been installed recently (since the last succesfull night flight at least).

#8: Re: Nav & strobe light went squared and scenery went haywire Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:37 am
    ----
Sad I continue with this issue Crying or Very sad

All my lights have gone square runway lightning taxi way lightning, strobes, taxi, landing lights...And even in the distance the lights are square; Most annoying at night; Of course.

I had aerofiles Texture Booster Pack FSX installed and thought it gave exagerated effects Dust and snow on the runways and taxi ways. So I uninstalled it. didn't help; So I reinstalled and now is the same Confused Confused

Just called MS for support in this issue of the square lights. All he said was maybe FS GLOBAL X had destroyed the scenery engine in FSX; Which I don't agree because it was working perfectly before. We discussed the matter a bit back and forth and finally he said waht we don't want to hear " You might have to reinstall" There's got to be another way; He even blamed it on Vista Crying or Very sad Just reinstalled the whole thing, It's taken me since last Thursday, apparently the Texture Booster Pack FSX.zip was to blame for my problems/issues. Wink

-> FSX