M1117 Guardian help
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M1117 Guardian help Author: sapper141 PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:50 pm
    ----
Hi Guys
I'm trying to scratch build a more accurate version of a Guardian than the one I built a few years ago when there was less info out there to be found. As you can I did a fair job with what I had as you can see here:
news.webshots.com/albu...4942iduXSS
What I'm trying to find is a little better detail on the lower chassis and drive train. I don't want anything that can be used against them though. I got friends that have done hazardous duties in the last few years that I won't do it just for a model.
Let me know if I can get a few pics off line or the one allowed.
thanks Shane

#2: Re: M1117 Guardian help Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:07 am
    ----
Shane

Here are 2 shots I took in 2006 at Ft Knox Armor Confer...oopps... I mean, the Armor Warfighter Symposium (?!)

The image painted on the turret was done by one of the workers at the assembly plant in New Orleans. (...at least that is what I was told...)

BTW: I love the Ontos model. Need any detail info or photos on it ??? Mr. Green

WARNING!! SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION AHEAD..... Rolling Eyes

History of the ONTOS

Cool Mr. Green

TEAM ONTOS - Patton Museum Ontos Restoration

Regards
Don

#3: Re: M1117 Guardian help Author: sapper141 PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:53 pm
    ----
Thanks Don
Great pics with the bolt on armor. What I'm really looking for is better reference on the drive train such as the diff. and the steering linkage.
Don't worry I've been paying attention to you site for a long time someday I intend on revisiting the ontos . I did that one about 12 years ago using the old Renwal kit with a lot scratch work.
The other Marine vehicle I wouldn't mind getting better interior shots of is the M76 Otter cargo carrier from during the Nam era. But that will be a later project. Mr. Green
Seeya Shane

-> AFV News Discussion Board