Jacques Littlefield Panther
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Jacques Littlefield Panther Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:58 pm
    ----
i have noticed that Tank Overhaul is showing this (repeatedly throughout the week as well). when did this originally air, is this a new episode?

wish i could have been there for much of the restoration. i would love to satisfy my mechanical and "vehicle construction" curiosities. the things that i find the most interesting these shows never discuss or at most they just skim the surface of discussion.

sr

#2: Re: Jacques Littlefield Panther Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:54 pm
    ----
I was told today that Jacques Littlefield is ill. Anybody know anything?

#3: Re: Jacques Littlefield Panther Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:59 pm
    ----
- SHAWN
...wish i could have been there for much of the restoration. i would love to satisfy my mechanical and "vehicle construction" curiosities. the things that i find the most interesting these shows never discuss or at most they just skim the surface of discussion.
sr

Shawn

Hate to crush your fantasy vacation,....but. Remember thats in Kalifornia. I heard that no 'volunteers' can work on restorations. Only paid staff with all the qualifications (and 'workmans comp') can get into the mix. This is due to the prohibitive cost of liability insurance ( or something like that).

I would love to 'get my hands dirty' on some of the projects going on there, but alas, I too would be relegated to a mere spectator or worse yet a 'tourist'. (wheres my 'bermuda shorts', button down shirt, 'straw fedora', and several cameras.... Cool )

Oh well
Don

#4: Re: Jacques Littlefield Panther Author: oldertop PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:00 pm
    ----
Actually it was the volunteers who killed the " golden goose" by deciding that they wanted to do things their way or walking out when they didn't get their way. Jacque had enough of it and went to paid personnel, and for those of you who don't know Jacque has been batteling cancer for some time.

#5: Re: Jacques Littlefield Panther Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:31 am
    ----
so true don, i realize that. i would have loved to have been able to have had a hands on with that panther for sure. what a job, to be paid to do that type of work.
oldertop, ashame about the volunteer help, that is too bad. but, in the end, for all involved, it is better to have it done by paid "employees/vendors/contractors".

i am not a real gear head or whatever, but they spent too much show time discussing the armor, armament, the lineage of the vehicle.... show me the rebuild. they should have done it in 2 or 3 episodes, show me more of the engine and trans rebuild.... they touched on it a little but not enough for a show called tank overhaul....
still a could episode, a very could episode....

all those who feel the panther to be among the best tanks of ww2, were you taking notes?

sr

#6: Re: Jacques Littlefield Panther Author: oldertop PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:47 am
    ----
When last in Jacque's shop they were pulling the Panther's transmission down and I got to finger it some what and low and beholed what do you think..the bearings were marked SAS..thats a Swedish brand! Man what I woulden't have given to see that on the the "Hitler" channel.

#7: Re: Jacques Littlefield Panther Author: oldertop PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:41 pm
    ----
The Panther's gun is now mounted in the gun mount but not installed in the turret, engine compartment cover has been fitted (you could eat off the compartments floor), turret hatches fitted and turret painted in camo pattern..man from what I've seen in the pictures Mike Green has sent me this week its looking better than it did went it rolled off the production line.

#8: Re: Jacques Littlefield Panther Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:52 pm
    ----
Maybe it will be ready for the Spring ??

Pierre-Olivier

#9: Re: Jacques Littlefield Panther Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:02 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
Maybe it will be ready for the Spring ??

Pierre-Olivier

Maybe. If the weather cooperates, I'll check again this Saturday.

#10: Re: Jacques Littlefield Panther Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:19 pm
    ----
A few updated photos to enlighten the masses......

From Michael Green, out at ....'THE RANCH" Mr. Green

Don

#11: Re: Jacques Littlefield Panther Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:25 pm
    ----
Sweet! The zimm on the turret has been done within the past two weeks as it wasn't on there on 5JANUARY.

#12: Re: Jacques Littlefield Panther Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:50 pm
    ----
Mr. Green MORE! MORE! MORE!

#13: Re: Jacques Littlefield Panther Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:54 am
    ----
Well then....Here are a few more. These aren't the newst, but incase you haven't seen them,....

i44.photobucket.com/al...nther3.jpg

i44.photobucket.com/al...nther2.jpg

i44.photobucket.com/al...nther1.jpg

i44.photobucket.com/al...nther4.jpg

i44.photobucket.com/al...nther5.jpg

All have been provided by Michael Green out at the Ranch.

Don

#14: Re: Jacques Littlefield Panther Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:31 pm
    ----
Just mind blowing,

Older Top wrote
its looking better than it did went it rolled off the production line.

Probably will be the best Panther ever, considering the time and care put into her. I doubt it would compare to what the German crews actually got as far as build quality and finish. Kinda like comparing a restored Muscle Car to a stored one. The original's quality can be very dissapointing. Although I agree very much with this resto, since I doubt anyone will ever find an original in mint condition Laughing .

Joe D

#15: Re: Jacques Littlefield Panther Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:50 am
    ----
The weather sucked again around here yesterday. Sad Evil or Very Mad I'll have to try and get up there next weekend.

-> AFV News Discussion Board