Low Level Formation Destruction!
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Low Level Formation Destruction! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:04 pm
    ----
OK I guess it's time to come out of the closet so to speak with regard to this IL2-1946 thing....still feeling my way through it but having a great time on the Zeke vs. Wildcat full-real server on Hyperlobby. As I'm spending time there and getting to know some really good pilots and gather tips, I happened upon an opportunity to be invited along on a few low-level bombing runs with EvilEye (one of the Warbirds of Prey admin guys, VERY helpful and lotsa good info!) on one of their maps called "The Trail" which is a HOOT for low-level ground attack in A-20 Havocs.

Anyway lotsa pix as usual and hope to do the same with my JG300 brethren as some of us gradually get up to speed when time allows.....I do believe we have some stinky formation flying skills that would be a blast (if you'll pardon the pun) to put to use!!!

And the track I recorded came out kinda nice so couldn't resist.....enjoy! (EvilEye is in the A-20 with the "ZZ" designation and that's me in tow on his starboard side...)

#2: Re: Low Level Formation Destruction! Author: siskensLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:33 pm
    ----
Rolling Eyes Yes, the Il-2 1946 is not that bad.... Wink

#3: Re: Low Level Formation Destruction! Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:00 pm
    ----

Some real nice shots Stoopy, not to mention real good aim!.I had a chance to work on my dogfighting today and I have to say that I love that 109!!I'm starting to really throw that puppy around and the gunnery skills are coming around nicely.I took a pile of screenshots and was going to post them but as per usual I got all messed up and now I gotta get to a couple of honey dews so I'm just going to leave as is and maybe when I get home next week end I'll have time to mess with it

#4: Re: Low Level Formation Destruction! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:45 am
    ----
Looks good Dan!

I agree the '109 is one bad mamma jamma in this sim and quite the killer once ya get it down!!

(said the almost-dedicated SBD pilot..... Rolling Eyes Mr. Green )

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum