another secret...?
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: another secret...? Author: siskensLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:45 pm
    ----
Flying around Washington State (a "basic" state Wink ) because of its scenery and beautiful landscape.... .I stumbled on Bear Gulch Seaplane base ( WA38-39) and noticed some structures, tarmac, mooring and a smoking chimney but all "unfinished in white".... Who's been trying to build a base here or is something terribly amiss in relation to my eyes ? [img][/img][img]http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/siskens/?action=view&current=BearGulchWA39.jpg[/img] All info welcome -

#2: Re: another secret...? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:19 pm
    ----
Interesting, I'll see if my installs do the same thing....

#3: Re: another secret...? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:52 pm
    ----
Looks like missing texture files or tex files installed in the wrong place. FS2004 or FSX?

#4: Re: another secret...? Author: siskensLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:18 pm
    ----
OOFF - it's not my eyes - I'm playing the FS9.... and it still is a wonderful part of the world to explore or do some recce..... Wink [img][/img] and here's another one of this Bear Gulch[img][/img]. Keep me posted, please... Cool

#5: Re: another secret...? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:03 pm
    ----
Then those have all the earmarks of missing texture files, right down to the big squre thingies that are probably objects like added trees or something. It If it's that many things, it is likely your install, but Stoopy's try will confirm.

If you'll post a link to where you got it, I'll give it a try too.

#6: Re: another secret...? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:17 pm
    ----
Agree wif' Ascout. I don't have a Bear Gulch airfield name or a WA38 or -39 ICOA code. Looks to be an addon scenery....now off to find where ot can be had.....

And on that note....siskens is that a Kingfisher you're flying in the above pic? Where'd ya get it? Looks like a fine plane to have in the hangar....

#7: Re: another secret...? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:20 pm
    ----
I googled and it looks to be part of a payware package so it's a "no go" for me.

secure.simmarket.com/p...ts_id=1679

www.fszone.org/forums/...t8561.html

Just make sure that all your scenery "texture" files are in the right place and that your folder structure is whut is should be. Should get you sorted out. Since it's obviously what I see in that link, it should all be there.

#8: Re: another secret...? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:23 pm
    ----
Bear Gulch scenery looks to be part of the RealAir Scout payware package???

www.flightsim.com/cgi/.../scout.htm

edit:
D'OH! Sorry Ascout ya beat me to the punch.....

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: another secret...? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:25 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Bear Gulch scenery looks to be part of the RealAir Scout payware package???

www.flightsim.com/cgi/.../scout.htm

Yeah, check Siskens picture against the one in my first link:

#10: Re: another secret...? Author: siskensLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:48 pm
    ----
Friends ! It's an add-on indeed: FSTerrain from JustFlight and comes in no less than 4 CD's.. so there may be an answer to my own question... The plane is the OS2U3 Kingfisher ( wonderful thing and a beauty) It's Tim Piglet's (sic) work - to be had at SOH fs2004 - don't forget the zip for that extra shine ( ori is too dull) and the inevitable repaints Cool ( AVSIM? or SOH?) AND a nice weekend to you all

#11: Re: another secret...? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:42 pm
    ----
Well...Bingo. And Ascout nailed it too.....the docs for the RealAir Scout package (VERY nice by the way) say that Bear Gulch is indeed installed and it's a scenery by Bill Womack.....maybe this was included in the package you mention as well siskens.

As for missing texture files....well I can believe things would go wrong. Unfortunately the package takes the 'easy' way out by installing the 'scenery' and 'tecture' folders inside your AddOn Scenery folder, but not in a "Bear Gulch" folder or anythign like that. The package assumes you have the "Addon Scenery" folder itself activated in your scenery library manager.....which is IMHO a very poor way to do things although it saves a step (and support requests) by not needing the user to manually add the folder and activate it in theior scenery library.

However, since some of us found out that having the entire "Addon Scenery" folder added and activated as an element itself can lead to mysterious lockups and crashes, after installing the package I saw what it dod and just made a "Bear Gulch" folder and moved the "scenery" and "texture" folders that were added into the Addon Scenery dolder into the "Bear Gulch" folder, then added and activated it as usual in the Scenery LIbrary manager.

Migod I hope that explains it!

Anyway yeah it's nice.....

#12: Re: another secret...? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:00 pm
    ----
The line strung across the runway is a nice challenege for inverted passes, 'specially with that pole in the middle!

#13: Re: another secret...? Author: siskensLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:31 pm
    ----
Thank You ! Friends in need are friends indeed... I'll try to get my things right and enjoy the scenery like you did! The Bear and the (JG)Beer - a name for a pub?? SLAINTE !

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum