Some Comets seen at Beltring to identify
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Some Comets seen at Beltring to identify Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:46 pm
    ----
Hello,

the Comet tanks register was updated on my website and there were several mistakes on it (due to the fact that the list was done only some weeks ago), which were corrected (but there may still be mistakes, I'm not Mr Know-it-all !!)

Anybody could give me more information about these 3 Comet tanks? I would like to know if these belong to museums or private owners :

1st one :

2nd one, nicknamed "Victor" (this is not the one from the Isle of Wight Military museum, which is also nicknamed Victor) :

3rd one :

Thanks in advance for your help

P-O

#2: Re: Some Comets seen at Beltring to identify Author: tankbarrell PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:16 am
    ----
The first is from the East of England Tank Museum at Thetford.
Second is Ian Galliers which is often on the Isle of Wight but does not belong to that museum.
Third looks like Bovingtons.

#3: Re: Some Comets seen at Beltring to identify Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:20 pm
    ----
- tankbarrell
Third looks like Bovingtons.

Does the Tank Museum at Bovington own 2 Comets? Because this one doesn't look like the one which is usually exposed inside the museum..

P-O

#4: Re: Some Comets seen at Beltring to identify Author: tankbarrell PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:32 am
    ----
[quote="the_shadock
Does the Tank Museum at Bovington own 2 Comets?
P-O[/quote]

Yes. Adamant is on display and the other is used for demonstrations. The runner is 21ZR21.

#5: Re: Some Comets seen at Beltring to identify Author: palic PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:37 pm
    ----
Well, gentlemen,
this post is not connected to surviving Comets at all. In fact it is connected with some pretty rare Comet...
As I say: Yetti? Big Foot? Or fifteen years old "virgo intacta"? Everybody speaks about it but nobody have seen that.

Have you ever seen Cuban Comet? Yes, A34 Comet in Cuban service...

Scroll down this thread: forum.valka.cz/viewtop...812#289812

Source: Life magazine online pics d-base and what is strange I can not find that picture again... A Black Hole Mystery.

-> AFV News Discussion Board