Coming soon..the ATI R520 Nvidia killer
-> Hardware

#1: Coming soon..the ATI R520 Nvidia killer Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:27 pm
    ----
The long awaited ATI secret weapon is almost here, I have been waiting a year to finally see some info on this new 90nm chip and I can't wait to see the actual performance specs on it. WoooooHoooooo can ya say "Hit's gettin a new video card"...lol

ATI's next-generation desktop graphics processor, R520, has already been claimed to have been scheduled for a June launch.

ATI's high-end chips will sport twin PCI Express and AGP interfaces.The R520 - said to be the "world's first 90nm technology graphics product" - follows on from the X850, X800 and X800 XL chips.

The R520 is expected to support ATI's answer to Nvidia's SLi multi-card co-operative rendering system, and has been claimed to support up to 32 parallel pixel processing pipelines. The chip is said to support DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0, along with GDDR 3 memory clocked to 1.8GHz effective. The core has been reported to run at 700MHz.

#2: Re: Coming soon..the ATI R520 Nvidia killer Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:44 pm
    ----
Laughing

eat yer hart out nVidia ...........................................

I just heard fled is getting a new vidcard as well in the not to distant future

Thanks for the notam Hit, much appreciated

fled
Cool

#3: Re: Coming soon..the ATI R520 Nvidia killer Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:02 am
    ----
Sounds like a jammin card!!

-> Hardware