Foreign Use of KV and SU-152?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Foreign Use of KV and SU-152? Author: mrneil1964Location: Wilderness, New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:49 pm
    ----
Greetings from a new forum lurker.

As some of you may know if you hang around the Missing-Lynx or Track-Link modeling sites, I am preparing a book on the KV series. One chapter deals with foreign users - thus far I cover:

Germany - various captured vehicles

Finland - two KV-1s captured in 1942 and used until 1955

Poland - three (five?) SU-152s supplied after WWII and used until 1949

Does anyone know of other foreign users that I've omitted? I did hear a rumor that Cuba may have obtained some SU-152s, but I cannot find any evidence to confirm this.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated and will get you a mention in the acknowledgements page, which is rapidly becoming a chapter in itself Smile

Thanks in advance,

Neil Stokes

#2: Re: Foreign Use of KV and SU-152? Author: palic PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:53 pm
    ----
Former CSLA received up to 46 vehicles ISU-152 (marked as TSD-152 ... Heavy Self-propelled Gun) in 1949. They remained in active service at least till 1960 and continued as "ready to use" in stores till 70'.
Some postwar service pics available, one vehicle preserved in TM Lesany.

#3: Re: Foreign Use of KV and SU-152? Author: mrneil1964Location: Wilderness, New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:45 pm
    ----
Palic...thanks for the information but the IS series and its derivatives are beyond the scope of my book. I'm concentrating solely on the KV-based vehicles (KV-1, KV-2, KV-8, SU-152). I'm already pushing 350 pages of text, photographs and drawings just with those...if I added the IS series the book would be huge.

Neil

#4: Re: Foreign Use of KV and SU-152? Author: palic PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:57 pm
    ----
Sorry for misunderstanding. No KV based vehicles here, sorry.

#5: Re: Foreign Use of KV and SU-152? Author: mrneil1964Location: Wilderness, New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:30 pm
    ----
Please, don't apologize. I appreciate you taking the time to help.

-> AFV News Discussion Board