Attention Please: Despite what the Picture says.....
-> Com Central Screenshot Competition

#1: Attention Please: Despite what the Picture says..... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:12 am
    ----
Need your help and cooperation and it;s a bit of an unusual (and ironic) request!

The picture shown today (Sunday Feb 17) "We could use some pix" is actually a mistake.....to tell the truth, I'm dealing with an issue right now due to the screenshot queue being too full....and so at the moment we have more than 30 screenies waiting in the wings and the menu that shows the thumbnails and allows a date to be assigned, can't show them all.

As new ones come in, the older ones get shoved off the menu, and there's no "Page 2" option to see the ones that get shoved off the cliff.

Actually they are still there, nothing's lost, but until the newer ones get assigned a date and shown, and cycle out, then they'll be back on Page 1 again so I can schedule them

So the request is, ironic as it sounds, if we could have a couple weeks temporary moratorium on submitting screenies it would help the situation. I hate to ask this because participation is at an all-time high and it's just such a difference form the old days of sweating it day by day wondering if we're just gonna run out of pix.

I have a somewhat cumbersome schedule process I use, where each picture title, member name, date of sumbmittal, etc is entered into a spreadsheet and tracked. I do this becuase it allows for more thorough scheduling and tracking, and it's easier to see how I can spread out multiple pictures submitted form the same member(s) so you don't get 5 days in a row form the same person. Plus it makes tabulating the winner(s) a lot easier and less prone to mistakes. Unfortunately, what with work, travel, projects and a few other things (admittedly some selfish personal flight time too) that somewhat time-consuming process got in the way of keeping up with submissions pouruing in lately.

And although the rules request that members submit no more than 2 pix per week, I don't enforce that rule (nor do I want to) becuase I also understand how everyone has limited schedules and can't submit pix each week due to real life. So I will be keeping this somewhat anal-retentive method I have, just following it better.

Just think of it as some extra time to fly, explore, and come up with that extra-special killer screenie to upload in the near future....

And as I get the latest scheduling caught up, I'll go back and send PM's to each of you who have entries, telling you what I see in the queue and where it's scheduled so far.

Hope that works for everyone?

#2: Re: Attention Please: Despite what the Picture says..... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:13 pm
    ----
My hat goes off to you Sir as you are performing an outstanding job with the screenshot competition and all the burdens that come with it.

I was just planning on submiting some 23 screenshots but I will step back till we get notice from you that we can submit screenies .............

fled
Cool

#3: Re: Attention Please: Despite what the Picture says..... Author: siskensLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:08 pm
    ----
Don't worry Stoopy......we've come to a "screeching halt" Wink ,bent the prop and almost got off the deck... so you have your rest ( well deserved) 'till we hear your cry again. ( do not forget to take a sip of your famous JG-Beer )

#4: Re: Attention Please: Despite what the Picture says..... Author: Chuck_71st PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:37 pm
    ----
Awesome!...Leave has been granted so let's head into town for a few pints, a few soggy jokes and DAMES! DAMES! DAMES! Twisted Evil ..........er sry.....got carried away there.

#5: Re: Attention Please: Despite what the Picture says..... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:07 pm
    ----
Yep, and it's high time if ya ask me....judging by the entries that have been pourin' in, y'all have been flyin' yur tails off so the "shop" is in good shape for a short stand-down!

#6: Re: Attention Please: Despite what the Picture says..... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:46 am
    ----
A mixed blessing for sure!! Great job Stoopy!!

#7: Re: Attention Please: Despite what the Picture says..... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:42 pm
    ----
OK folks, we're back in business! I've posted a new thread to this effect and details are in that thread.

A BIG THANKS for your patience and cooperation!

#8: Re: Attention Please: Despite what the Picture says..... Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:07 am
    ----
I'm trying to upload a picture into the screenshot gallery; I think I have managed; But I've uploaded so many timers it tell me that a file with that name alreadu exists...Eventhough I can't see my picture?

Soimehow ( More thna likely my falut) the picture ended up in the photo gallery!?

How do I upload to the screenshot gallery?
Here's what I've done: Click on upload...Find the file I want to upload...Click it; It appears on the upload line..When I press Load...It tell me the file already exists? I'm a bit confused Sad

#9: Re: Attention Please: Despite what the Picture says..... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:46 am
    ----
Your pic is uploaded and in submissions... Smile We assign the day to display based on a couple of things...

1) The day it was submitted

2) How many other (different submitters) there are.

If you submit a pic with the same name, you'll get the "File already exists" statement. That is to prevent uploading the same pic over and over. (A tactic used by spammers).

ALL pics have to be approved by an Admin and put into Queue. This is another way to stop any spam and prevent pics not acceptable to the contest.

For the PhotoGallery on CC. You can have your own album to upload your pics to, but if you upload a pic into the general area, then all pics need Admin approval before they'll appear on the site. All Admins watch for pics not appropriate for public viewing and will notify the poster and delete those violating our policies.

#10: Re: Attention Please: Despite what the Picture says..... Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:03 am
    ----
Shadow: Thanks for explaining all this to me; I got impatient and kept on clicking to get the picture in...Sorry about this. I'll leave it at your discretion to delete the all but one copy of the picture I submitted,please and thanks you for your patients.
Berlopez

-> Com Central Screenshot Competition