Found Sherman
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Found Sherman Author: tankdriverLocation: Memphis, TN PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:16 am
    ----
Not sue if anyone has posted these yet. I was comming back from a business trip in Columbus Indiana, it is at a National Guard post in Scottsburg Indiana. Could not get serial as font is covered with a deteriating banner. But got what I could.

#2: Re: Found Sherman Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:07 pm
    ----
That's very interesting! I live just North of Columbus and I know about Camp Atterbury, but not this place. I'll have to check it out someday. Any idea of the location or address?

Thanks for the pics!

#3: Re: Found Sherman Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:19 pm
    ----
Hi Tankdriver! Hi Folks!

Thanks for the photos!

Interesting, she is wearing T66 single pin track block.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#4: Re: Found Sherman Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:29 pm
    ----
I'm pretty sure this is it,

maps.live.com/default....&encType=1

South of the HC parking spots.

KL

#5: Re: Found Sherman Author: tankdriverLocation: Memphis, TN PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:59 pm
    ----
That's the location.

#6: Re: Found Sherman Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:38 am
    ----
That map link is to a Sherman near Columbus Ohio!
You can't trick a space cadet that easy!

#7: Re: Found Sherman Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:13 pm
    ----
- Dennis_Smith

Let your fingers do the walking, grab the map heading North and it runs right into Indianapolis, Indiana.

It is the correct map.

#8: Re: Found Sherman Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:13 pm
    ----
For those that prefer Google Maps

maps.google.com/maps?f...5&t=h&z=19

and I found it via the search string 'National Guard Armory Scottsburg IN'

So I think Kurt got it right

#9: Re: Found Sherman Author: tankdriverLocation: Memphis, TN PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:01 pm
    ----
- Dennis_Smith

Zoom out a little, it shows the city tag of Spottsville. That is the location.

#10: Re: Found Sherman Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:28 pm
    ----
- Dennis_Smith

Uh-oh - there must've been another New Madrid magnitude earthquake then if I-65 and Indiana Route 56 moved 175 miles to the northeast Shocked

KL

#11: Re: Found Sherman Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:43 pm
    ----
- Kurt_Laughlin
- Dennis_Smith

Uh-oh - there must've been another New Madrid magnitude earthquake then if I-65 and Indiana Route 56 moved 175 miles to the northeast Shocked

KL

No doubt. That and the fact stating at the bottom right hand corner of the map it's from Indiana.

I haven't heard of I-65 being moved for the last 48 years! Laughing

#12: Re: Found Sherman Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:45 pm
    ----
Either it's a browser problem or my Uranium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator is on the blink again. When I click on the map link it goes to this place:

Clicking on "birds eye" gives an even better view:

Going to google maps and typing "Scottsburg IL" goes to this place (tank visible toward center of photo)

#13: Re: Found Sherman Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:37 pm
    ----
Oooh ... the ole Uranium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator again? Shocked

I repaired mine when I dumped the dial-up. Mr. Green

#14: Re: Found Sherman Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:48 pm
    ----
When I clicked on Kurts link it went to almost the identical view that my google maps link goes to. I think you need your PU-36 recalibrated

#15: Re: Found Sherman Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:20 pm
    ----
Now that's bizarre, because that's the default starting point I have for Virtual Earth, an M4A3 at West Jefferson OH. Odd that some folks go there while others don't.

KL

-> AFV News Discussion Board