New member to the fr8ycat household.
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: New member to the fr8ycat household. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:42 pm
    ----
Our new dog "Buddy"!

A 1 1/2 year old male Border Collie mix I picked up from "Border Collies in need" rescue group. He was supposed to be my dog but unfortunately can already tell he'll be the wifes baby. Followed her around this morning as she got ready for work and then followed her to the front gate and whinned and whimpered as she pulled out of the driveway. Layed there with his nose under the gate refusing to follow me back into the house Laughing
I guess giving him a flea bath as soon as I got him home didn't score me any points.

Since our last dog was a "daddy's girl" I guess it's time for a "mamma's boy".

#2: Re: New member to the fr8ycat household. Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:51 pm
    ----
Hey congrats buddy !

that looks to be a lovely extension of the flock Wink

fled
Cool

#3: Re: New member to the fr8ycat household. Author: siskensLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:33 pm
    ----
Oh OH - is this the end of your barking.?........... Wink Lovely dog !

#4: Re: New member to the fr8ycat household. Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:12 pm
    ----
Not that there's any such thing as an ugly dog, but that is one beautiful animal! Really - nice markings, great - slightly mischevious - smile in the eyes, looks happy & healthy...you're both very fortunate! Looks like he's up to somethin' to, and the best dogs are always thinkin' one step ahead. Wishing you guys a long and happy life together!

And hey man you know the deal - the real reason he was whinin' and mopin' after Momma left is only because she got up before you did in the morning and was the first one to feed him. My wife does exactly the same thing...figgerin' she can win a dog's heart with food just like it's some kinda commodity....why, (munch) it's almost (chew, chew) an insult (gulp) to our integrity!!!!!! (BAAAUUUURRRRRP....Dang, this meatloaf is pretty friggin' good!!!)

Laughing

#5: Re: New member to the fr8ycat household. Author: Chuck_71st PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:10 pm
    ----
LOL!

#6: Re: New member to the fr8ycat household. Author: Freiherr_KieferLocation: Washington sectional PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:21 pm
    ----
Since we're showing new additions to the family

This is Newt, our new 10 week old yellow lab, alas he too favors the Baroness

Der Baron

#7: Re: New member to the fr8ycat household. Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:35 pm
    ----
Shocked WOW MAN THAT"S SOME KINDA HYPNOTICAL STARE HE'S GOT!!!! Shocked

Seriously......wow way cool dog....gotta love them labs.....

#8: Re: New member to the fr8ycat household. Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:33 pm
    ----
Allright man, since this is about my favorite subject besides flight simming and toothpick structures, I can't resist....hope the multiple photo's are OK....

Here's a family member who recently left us to go chase cats at the big dog park in the sky this last Fall. Otis, who we found as a 'supermarket special'....shortly after being born his mother was hit by a car, so he was being given away along with his borthers and sisters outside the grocery store we shop at. Just little bundles of fur inside a cardboard box.

Anyway to make a long and somewhat gruesomely comical story short, we were through a lot together, because he was a Pit/Husky mix and with a dog like that the responsible thing to do is AKC train them....we went through Basic AKC then Novice Competition Obedience then Agility training (climbing ladders and such)....he did very well, surprised me by earning some awards and ribbons, but more importantly we learned more from and about each other than I ever thought possible. He was a true family member, outlived his expectancy with 15 years of a long, healthy and full life, and didn't suffer. Hope to see him again someday, for sure.

Anyways, after a very suitable period, and not to think we could even replace a dog more than you can replace a person, we finally gave up going nuts around the house without one and went down to the local pound. Found this fella who's a Walker Hound / Beagle mix and at 6 months old he's huge already, 70 pounds according to the scale....he eats like a Beagle (everything) and lays around like a Hound. And to keep all that in shape we're into our basic obedience training already and he's coming along realy well, pretty smart fella, and we're both having a great time. Also has descriminating taste, since he's still teething he doesn't chew up anything that costs less than $30!! Laughing

The cycle of life never ceases to amaze.....this here is Jack....Jack Squat, sez Stoopy Jr. who got to name the dog this time around....

#9: Re: New member to the fr8ycat household. Author: JG300-Turkey PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:40 am
    ----
Dem dog's is at attention isn't day? Da is der goot dogen's. Ja.

Da's is der
Turkey

#10: Re: New member to the fr8ycat household. Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:34 pm
    ----
Ach du leiber I think mine jaw just hitten ze floor!!!!!!! Howya doin' Turkey??!!!!!!

#11: Re: New member to the fr8ycat household. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:08 pm
    ----
- JG300-Turkey
Dem dog's is at attention isn't day? Da is der goot dogen's. Ja.

Da's is der
Turkey

Holy Moly!...a JG300 "contemporary"...if I can recall back that far, da' Toikey signed up shortly before I did (and I sprayed him as a spectator in the turret of a B-25 at Guernsey or somewhere when I first showed up to stir the pot).

Whassup?!

#12: Re: New member to the fr8ycat household. Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:24 pm
    ----
looks like the place is going to the "Dog's" here .......................... Laughing

#13: Re: New member to the fr8ycat household. Author: JG300-Turkey PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:42 am
    ----
Yepper,,, Turkey is still around.. just haven't flown for a bit.. hop a helo every not and then and have run into the old rooms but not seeing too many that have been there in the past. Sure miss the times we've had doing our group's flight nights. Ascout you and Stoopy are certainly icons for the troup.. looking forward to some time to get back in the saddle and fly for some log trips. Great to have popped in and getting to see some of the happenings.. one of which happened for me in having a Grandson born just over six months ago by the name of.................Chase Danger Williams..... yep,,, you hearded and readed it a'right. Mid name is Danger.... Ohhhh boy what to expect from that when he comes of age.

Ohhh and by the way
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Da Turkey

#14: Re: New member to the fr8ycat household. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:14 pm
    ----
Good to see ya round Turkey and congrats on the new grandson.

#15: Re: New member to the fr8ycat household. Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:45 pm
    ----
Indeed....sounds like young CDW has an exciting life ahead of him and I dig the middle name.....he's gonna get a lotta mileage with the ladies with that interesting bit of personal info!! Congrats Gramps!!!!

Outstanding to see you again Dale!

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum