Abbott & Costello in the Computer age
-> Officer's Club

#1: Abbott & Costello in the Computer age Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:46 am
    ----
You have to be old enough to remember Abbott and Costello,
and too old to REALLY understand computers, to fully appreciate this.

For those of us who sometimes get flustered by our computers,
please read on.

If Bud Abbott and Lou Costello were alive today,
their famous sketch, 'Who's on First?' might have turned out something like this:

COSTELLO CALLS TO BUY A COMPUTER FROM ABBOTT

ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?

COSTELLO: Thanks. I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking about buying a computer.

ABBOTT: Mac?

COSTELLO: No, the name's Lou.

ABBOTT: Your computer?

COSTELLO: I don't own a computer. I want to buy one.

ABBOTT: Mac?

COSTELLO: I told you, my name's Lou.

ABBOTT: What about Windows?

COSTELLO: Why? Will it get stuffy in here?

ABBOTT: Do you want a computer with Windows?

COSTELLO: I don't know. What will I see when I look at the windows?

ABBOTT: Wallpaper.

COSTELLO: Never mind the windows. I need a computer and software.

ABBOTT: Software for Windows?

COSTELLO: No. On the computer! I need something I can use to write proposals, track expenses and run my business. What do you have?

ABBOTT: Office.

COSTELLO: Yeah, for my office. Can you recommend anything?

ABBOTT: I just did.

COSTELLO: You just did what?

ABBOTT: Recommend something.

COSTELLO: You recommended something?

ABBOTT: Yes.

COSTELLO: For my office?

ABBOTT: Yes.

COSTELLO: OK, what did you recommend for my office?

ABBOTT: Office.

COSTELLO: Yes, ! for my office!

ABBOTT: I recommend Office with Windows

COSTELLO: I already have an office with windows! OK, let's just say I'm sitting at my computer and I want to type a proposal. What do I need?

ABBOTT: Word.

COSTELLO: What word?

ABBOTT: Word in Office.

COSTELLO: The only word in office is office.

ABBOTT: The Word in Office for Windows.

COSTELLO: Which word in office for windows?

ABBOTT: The Word you get when you click the blue 'W'.

COSTELLO: I'm going to click your blue 'w' if you don't start with some straight answers. What about financial bookkeeping? You have anything I can track my money with?

ABBOTT: Money.

COSTELLO: That's right. What do you have?

COSTELLO: I need money to track my money?

ABBOTT: It comes bundled with your computer.

COSTELLO: What's bundled with my computer?

COSTELLO: Money comes with my computer?

ABBOTT: Yes. No extra charge.

COSTELLO: I get a bundle of money with my computer? How much?

ABBOTT: One copy.

COSTELLO: Isn't it illegal to copy money?

ABBOTT: Microsoft gave us a license to copy Money.

COSTELLO: They can give you a license to copy money?

ABBOTT: Why not? THEY OWN IT!

(A few days later)

ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?

COSTELLO: How do I turn my computer off?

ABBOTT: Click on 'START'............

#2: Re: Abbott & Costello in the Computer age Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:49 am
    ----
LOL

Click "START"...

Mr. Green Mr. Green

#3: Re: Abbott & Costello in the Computer age Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:52 am
    ----
LOL yeah i'm old enough...just Wink

I remember them being played on Saturday mornings here in UK when i was a young whipper snapper Shocked

#4: Re: Abbott & Costello in the Computer age Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:20 pm
    ----
Well back in the days of only 3 TV Channels in most places (If you were lucky. Away from the cities you sometimes had one even with a very tall antenna)
Abbot and Costello movies were regular filler on Sunday afternoon (along with Bogart)
Saturday morning was the time for Sky King, The Big Picture, and Rocky Jones, Space Ranger

#5: Re: Abbott & Costello in the Computer age Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:27 pm
    ----
- bsmart
Well back in the days of only 3 TV Channels in most places (If you were lucky. Away from the cities you sometimes had one even with a very tall antenna)
Abbot and Costello movies were regular filler on Sunday afternoon (along with Bogart)
Saturday morning was the time for Sky King, The Big Picture, and Rocky Jones, Space Ranger

Of course, Bob recalls the days when you could only experience listening to Abbott and Costello sitting around the radio. Laughing

#6: Re: Abbott & Costello in the Computer age Author: sweets PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:10 pm
    ----
Abbott and Costello ? who? Rolling Eyes

#7: Re: Abbott & Costello in the Computer age Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:17 pm
    ----
here ya go Sweets

au.youtube.com/watch?v=sShMA85pv8M

Wink

#8: Re: Abbott & Costello in the Computer age Author: sweets PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:03 pm
    ----
GR8 thanks Fled they r funny guys! but kind of old right? Mr. Green I ask my Pops if he knew who they were an he laughed he said who doesnt! he said they r Classic duh! Mr. Green

#9: Re: Abbott & Costello in the Computer age Author: EW_PooFlingaLocation: Secret Ape Tree-House PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:50 pm
    ----
OLD?!?!?

They went to school with Fled's kids.

#10: Re: Abbott & Costello in the Computer age Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:24 pm
    ----
ROFL Poo...lol

#11: Re: Abbott & Costello in the Computer age Author: sweets PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:38 pm
    ----
Shocked guess they r really old then Mr. Green

-> Officer's Club