Who'd have thought?
-> Officer's Club

#1: Who'd have thought? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:27 am
    ----
www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/...c=ip_potpw

#2: Re: Who'd have thought? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:37 am
    ----
It won't play for us in the US Shades... Sad

#3: Re: Who'd have thought? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:00 am
    ----
Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!
I had you all down as falling for that as well.

And it won't let me download it.
Basically it was Terry Jones doing a piece (like a documentary excerpt) on how they've found a species of penguin that can fly and migrates to South America when they get too cold.

Had great 'close ups' of them all taking off and flying as a flock then landing in the trees of a rain-forest.

It's really well done.
Even if I hadn't got you, Twiggy would have gone for it.
Maybe Tank...

[:D]

#4: Re: Who'd have thought? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:24 am
    ----
it says "sorry this player is only available in the UK"

Confused

#5: Re: Who'd have thought? Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:22 pm
    ----
Even if I hadn't got you, Twiggy would have gone for it.
Maybe Tank...

I ain't that stupid, I think Shocked Shades, you da man, er I mean Skwirrel!

#6: Re: Who'd have thought? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:43 pm
    ----
It's a shame, it's very well done (even when you know what it is).
They won't even allow a download it so I can host it for yas to see.

#7: Re: Who'd have thought? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:19 pm
    ----
No worries mate Wink

#8: Re: Who'd have thought? Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:13 pm
    ----
that was cool, nice filming....

#9: Re: Who'd have thought? Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:14 pm
    ----
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdiDz_qrjX0 there u go

#10: Re: Who'd have thought? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:49 pm
    ----
Thankx mate !

#11: Re: Who'd have thought? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:37 am
    ----
Shocked WHOA! Good bit of editing!! Wink

#12: Re: Who'd have thought? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 am
    ----
They showed it being made on BBC this morning.
Terry Jones was filmed in front of a green screen and all the penguins were CGI animated.
Scary.

#13: Re: Who'd have thought? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:33 am
    ----
Scary? Do they eat sqwirrels? ..lol

It's amazing how that kind of editing can be done. Very cool!

#14: Re: Who'd have thought? Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:01 am
    ----
-S-

Nice April fools..but the shots of the icebergs look great, how can you get BBC on your computer though..? love their stuff.

Hammer Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

#15: Re: Who'd have thought? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:11 am
    ----
Apparently you can't.
They've restricted their 'shown' programmes to U.K. viewers only.
Presumably so they can still sell the stuff to your networks after it's been broadcast here.
They ran the penguin story as part of a BBC News broadcast and they show all broadcasts on their internal "BBC i-Player" for seven days after broadcast.
I can get it because I'm in the U.K.
Didn't realise it was domestic only when I posted.
Now I shall chortle and gloat.

*snicker*

-> Officer's Club