Rant
-> Officer's Club

#1: Rant Author: Rixster PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:03 pm
    ----
I posted this on the Tiger Woods 08 forum at EA and vowed vengeance against EA so I'm starting here. Gonna find as many boards as I can to put this on, it's basically a rant about what a piece of crap Tiger Woods )* is so don't feel obligated to read it, just wanted to make good on my threat Smile

complete total garbage, that's what I think of TW08. I'm gonna rant so hang on.

First, let me say I am a consumate gamer, my pc collection includes almost 60 titles and at one point or another I've lpayed them all.

Second, I don't wanna hear anything about what kind of PC I have and it's specs, I can play Call of Duty 4, Crysis and every new game on the market at high settings without a glitch, trust me, I have the power to run TW08

Third, I don't want to hear anything about "the latest drivers" either, I said I'm a consumate gamer, this rig is running and running right with ALL the latest drivers installed and working fine.

Fourth, When I can get TW08 to run, it'll go for hours with no problems. It looks fantatsic, it plays fantastic, love the new interface.

Now for the bad, 90%, and I'm not exagerating, 90% of the time this game crashes after just a few seconds of play. The weird thing is only the video crashes, I can still hear the wind blowing, the birds chirping, chipmunks screaming in agony as ball bounces off them in the woods. The video crashes. I've tried two different video cards, and this is the only game I have a problem with. And whats with the distance meter only working 1/4 of the time? what kind of crap is that? Oh and in case anyone asks, yes I have tried the /NOINTRO thing and it didn't help.

Now, I'm am posting this in a vain vain hope of someone from EA who actually cares, actually reading this. I think I have a better chance of hitting the lottery but hey I still play it so.......This has the be the worst game in terms of bugs I have ever played. I thought EA'a versions of NASCAR were bad enough, now they had to ruin golf for me. My saturday and sunday morning rounds, sitting at my desk, drinking my coffee are absolutely shot now thanks to you EA. Really though I cannot fathom a developer putting out a game like this and CHARGING people for it. you ought to be ashameed of yoursleves, ashamed I say. Will you do anything to help me? lol, yeah right, I thought so. I shelled out my hard earned money on your piece of crap product, you're probably all sitting their reading this laughing your butts off at me cause I didn't read any of the forums and realize what I was paying for a drink coaster. Well fool me once EA, well actually twice since you got me with NASCAR, but you can bet your sweet arse I will think long and hard about purchasing another one of your products. Let's just say YOU have a better chance of winning the lottery.

Now I'm going to run to all my gaming forums throughout the internet world and post copies of this wherever I can, excuse me and have a nice day.

#2: Re: Rant Author: Chuck_71st PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:34 am
    ----
Most games are released too soon, we all know this thats what patches are for. The software industry depends on the consumer to test their products for them free of charge in fact, WE PAY THEM Mad . I write this because I feel your pain and disappointment:

I spend ( no exaggeration) 50% of my time tweaking my games so they run properly and the other half actually gaming. My current system super exceeds the requirements of all the games I own currently.
I posted last month that I'm gradually leaving gaming. I think PC gaming is quickly becoming a rich man's occupation and the whole industry is in danger of falling on it's ass. Why should I spend 800 bucks on a video card to run a game thats worth 50 bucks Rolling Eyes (Crysis comes to mind)

I spent 2000 bucks on new build in 2006. Within 4 months DDR2 came out and my system was no longer upgradable(S939). looking back I could have used that cash to spend a luxurious week in Cuba with me darling wife.
I no longer game online(except last week with all you crazy CC bastards What a Hoot!) Why? I will list them :

1) I'm tired of being called a noob

2) I'm tired of hackers

3) I'm tired of cheaters

4) I hate sore losers

5) I hate sore winners

6) whiners SUCK!

7) I hate 12 year old gamers trying to give me orders in BF2......geeez I really hate that.

Those are a few ( trying not to belabor here) of my groans. I'm enjoying getting into FSX lately. I never thought I would enjoy flight simming but it's so relaxing. Still like a good game of JOP's sometimes though HOORAH!!!.

#3: Re: Rant Author: EW_PooFlingaLocation: Secret Ape Tree-House PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:23 am
    ----
TW7 on PS2 was very good.
Think the trouble with consol games is when they release 'em for PC.
They never transfer well.

Chuck, that's why I like CFS1. I used to play it on a P1 133 MHz poota. It's simple to get the hang of, okay not 'simple'... and there were some really great players.
Got the odd git whose mommy wouldn't finish working her pole until 05:00 and had the run of the house until then but otherwise I met some great folks playing that game. Actually really miss 'a lot of em since M$ stopped supporting it.
*sniff*

Wink

#4: Re: Rant Author: Chuck_71st PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:29 am
    ----
Oh yes I remember my CFS1 days well, great comunity. i was in a really great squad "71st eagle squadron" We flew the Hawker. (who didnt) Its just too bad that things just really arent like that anymore....don't know why, they just arent.

I guess thats why I hang out at Com Central Mr. Green

#5: Re: Rant Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:40 am
    ----
- Chuck_71st
I no longer game online(except last week with all you crazy CC bastards What a Hoot!)

Oi... I resemble that remark lol

#6: Re: Rant Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:44 am
    ----
- 401RCAF_Jel
- Chuck_71st
I no longer game online(except last week with all you crazy CC bastards What a Hoot!)

Oi... I resemble that remark lol

OI ..... Chuck,

We know we are GREAT fun to FLY with ONLINE ;D

#7: Re: Rant Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:18 pm
    ----
CFS1 and Git reminds me of 'glue' LOL bald bastid

#8: Re: Rant Author: EW_PooFlingaLocation: Secret Ape Tree-House PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:01 pm
    ----
Oh man!
FSM_Superglue?
What a laff he and his bro were (FSM_Supertoffee).
Hard buggers but great laughs in a game.
Glue was the best Spit pilot I ever flew against, and he was only flyn' it cos he was bored of the others.
Used to make me spit beer all over my monitor when I started.
Laughing

#9: Re: Rant Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:37 pm
    ----
whadda about them twins - forgot their handles but they married twins and I remembe reading the article in The Sun LOL

Toffee was glues brother eh? He and M3... dang domt remember now, anyway they gave me some fine CFS1 'lessons' LOL

Last edited by HF_SlowHand on Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

#10: Re: Rant Author: EW_PooFlingaLocation: Secret Ape Tree-House PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:39 am
    ----
They always referred to themselves as 'brothers'
Was never sure whether they meant real brothers or brothers-in-arms.
Several of us believed they meant for real though.

Don't remember the twins.
I only started in July/August 2001 so they may have been before my time.

My first online game was against "Silky".
Second was EW_Gorilla (Silky's then partner, later her hubby) - don't think I hit him once.
Third EW_Vineswinger and EW_Baboon - definitely didn't hit either of 'em.
Talk about yer baptism of fire.
Lotsa fun though, havin those ape's steal my nanners (before I grew my own body hair... fur... and joined 'em).
lolol

-> Officer's Club